Paradigm Reference CC-450 Center Channels

2-Way Center Channel Speaker

USER REVIEWS

[Mar 30, 2020]
harmonxjim33

Strength:

The voices are a lot clearer with the 450 and the sound effects are a lot more defined. Now don't get me wrong, I was quite pleased with the 350 but since I changed my front speakers. cupcakes 2048 a number-based sliding puzzle variants

None so far for this awesome center channels

[Mar 30, 2020]
harmonxjim33

Strength:

5 years of experience with CC-450 center channels and I can say this is a pretty good product for its price. slitherio download pc classic Snake game – but with a new and innovative twist.

None so far

[Mar 19, 2020]
B. Dylan

Strength:

Twenty years of high quality dialogue from my center channel.

They should not be dropped, moving once we had an incident where it fell approximately four feet onto concrete, besides buggering one of the rear corners, thank you Karma for rear instead of front corner, it has continued to work flawlessly. In fact was just getting ready to replace it, my Paradigm PS-10 powered sub just started farting, so replaced everything with Definitive Technologies 9000 series, got a $600 center and I'm worried with pulled the L/C/R 450. Only reason I found this page as I was entertaining buying a mate and setting up a 2.0 for my garage with them, price says they're still quite popular, $150-$400 depending on shape.

Price Paid:
Model Year:
1999
[May 11, 2000]
Matt Montesano
Audiophile

Strength:

Perfectly timbre matched with any of the Paradigm Reference series speakers, accurate and smooth w/o the brightness of other speakers with metal dome tweeters.

Looks better with the grill removed.

This is one of those speakers that reminds you how good it is every time you listen to it. Matched with my Studio 100 towers, the panning effect is seemless(unlike many other "timbre matched" speakers). This speaker has recently been replaced by the Studio/CC, after an audition, it seems that the main change has been cosmetic as the sonics of the CC450 are nearly perfect. However, it is important to note that this speaker is for audiophiles who are looking to 'hear' everything recorded on a particular soundtrack or song. Revealing would be the best way to summarize the sound character of this center. Here's how my current system is set up(notice that even with the japanese amp, I don't have a "brightness" problem with this speaker):
JVC NV55-BH6 (early model 16x9 projection)
YAMAHA DSP-A3090 (AC3 integrated amp)
TOSHIBA SD-3109 (1999 model year DVD)
SONY SLV-720HF (1993 model year VHS)
JVC XLZ-1050tn (early super digifine series CD)
LOVAN CLASSICII (HiFi rack)
LOVAN TRISOLATOR (dampening platform for CD)
LOVAN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (isolation platform for CC450)
PARADIGM STUDIO/100
PARADIGM REFERENCE CC450
PARADIGM REFERENCE ADP450
PARADIGM SERVO 15

Mirage MCsi, NHT VS-2

[Apr 10, 2000]
Ryan
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Bi-amplification

None

I was using the CC-170 for awhile but then graduated to the reference series. WOW what a difference it makes with DVD and LD movies. I was really impressed when I played the Star Wars Episode I movie on LD. Blown away.

CC-170

[May 13, 2001]
Ran
Audiophile

Strength:

Can play at loud levels, very natural-sounding dialog

None

When I auditioned the Paradigm CC-450 (version 1) center channel, I found it to have the best, most natural-sounding dialogue. I listened to DVDs, music, and TV. The dialogue (which is one of the most important attributes to listen to for a center channel) was extremely natural. In addition, this speaker can play at very loud volumes without any problems. A great speaker!!

Atlantic Technology System 270

[Jan 29, 1999]
Peter
an Audio Enthusiast

I originaly had the Paradigm CC-350 center but decided to upgraded to the Reference CC-450 after I traded in my Mini-Monitors for Reference Studio 60's so my front three speakers would all be Reference(my rears are still Mini-Monitors). There is certainly a difference between the 350 and the 450. The voices are a lot clearer with the 450 and the sound effects are a lot more defined. Now don't get me wrong, I was quite pleased with the 350 but since I changed my front speakers to Reference, I figured I might as well upgrade my center too. The 450 also seems to put out a little more bass then the 350 and it is a little smoother. I highly recommed the CC-450 but if you don't want to spend the extra cash, the CC-350 is also an excellent choice.

[Apr 05, 1999]
Trance
an Audiophile

Just got this speaker and all I can say is heaven ! I had the cc300 before and it was also a good speaker but the cc450 blew it away. This speaker has punch and good bass for a center channel. Dialoge is naturualy clear with a clean high. bass is everything you can ask for in a center channel. This speaker is highly recomended for movies and MUSIC for those who love surround sound. Lucky for me I got this speaker at a great price, 350$ ( NEW ).
Aragon 8008BB
D.H Lab cables

[Mar 16, 1999]
NickR
an Audio Enthusiast

Dialogue is superb. Provides an excellent match with my Studio 60 mains. Simply a single large sound field up front. At nearly 30 lbs. you need a solid location for it, but well worth the effort. As with all Paradigms I have heard an excelent value.

[Jul 11, 1999]
Allen
an Audio Enthusiast

I've owned my Reference CC450 for a few weeks now and all I can say is WOW! What a difference a good center channel makes. Dialouge intensive DVDs are clearer, especially in the male voice department. Voice production is clear and life like. A hundred steps up, minimum, from my old JBL. (yuck!) Dispersion is better than 4 other brands I've audiotioned. I too liked the CC350 but found it lacking the sound quality the CC450 can produce. For a little more $$$ the CC450 is well worth it. Being relatively new to HT, purchasing the CC450 makes me feel like an old pro. Now looking forward to purchasing separates to drive my new setup.
Paradigm Monitor 7
Reference CC450
Monitor 3 (on Studio Tech stands)
Velodyne Ct-100
Kenwood AVR-309
RCA 5210-9 (DVD)
Sony 32'' TV (KV32S15, I think)
Sony SLV-770 VHS (I've owned Sony products forever and can't remember model #s)

5 stars for the CC450!