Klipsch KV1 Center Channels

Vented design, 2 5.25-in woofers, horn tweeter

USER REVIEWS

[Aug 12, 2018]
raspeaker

Strength:

This is a 1998 model but I bought it used in 2014. It has tolerable sound. The modest depth of this speaker makes it easy to place in a limited space. These speakers seem to be durable since a fair amount of them are still available used.

The sound quality is mediocre. The KV-1 certainly performs better than the low-end products to which some people have compared it here but when I compared it to older NHT (Ken Kantor era) and Polk (CS-1) center channel speakers it sounded noticeably inferior with lower fidelity and a thin, midrange response. Its sound is just less lifelike than that of its competitors (other than the low-end brands mentioned in some of the reviews). Still, if one can get this speaker for very little money it will do the job.

Price Paid:
1998
[Dec 19, 2009]
msaalbach
Audio Enthusiast

The speaker is being used as a center speaker in my high definition home theater surround sound system. It works outstanding in comparison to other center speakers used in the past (JBL & Technics). Natural sounds without any high distorted noise even with my very old Technics receiver. I can only say Klipsch delivers again without degradation of sound. I’m watching the Wizard of Oz on my big screen 44 inch Sony TV and had to put down that this unit works just fine. Cannot wait till my Denon or Pioneer AV receiver get back from the repair shop.

I tried to post a picture of my speaker and was not able to.

[Feb 12, 1997]
Andrew Edmonds
an Audio Enthusiast

This is a center channel speaker for use in home theater. It's price is reasonable at about $170 street price. The sound is good, and I find it plenty adequate for most home theater setups. It works well with my existing Klipsch speakers, but I imagine it would work well with many others. It's magnetically shielded so it can be set right on top of the TV.

[Dec 13, 1999]
Brian
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Awesome center channel speaker, price

none

Bought the KV-1 as a replacement for the advent center channel that I had been using. The sound clarity of my center channel improved 100%. Great sounding center channel. Price was right also (99.00 as an open box, discontinued item.) Overall I amvery happy with this speaker.

Similar Products Used:

advent

[Jan 24, 2001]
Dave
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Clear, natural sound. Can play loud without distorting, rattling, buzzing, etc.

None for the price

This is the first and only center channel speaker I have owned. I use it in my HT setup, powered by a Harman-Kardon amp, with DCM KX-6's as my left and right channel speakers in the front, and they all work fine together. I got all 3 speakers for under $200, total, and they work great! I would highly recommend this combination to anyone seeking good sound on a budget.

[Dec 22, 1998]
Mike
an Audio Enthusiast

This center channel is very natural sounding. I'll agree with the others that it is by far the best value in it's class. It matches nicely with my main speakers. I have a pair of Fisher st-512's for my main speakers, and the Klipsch matches nicely with the Fishers. I'm running this with a Yamaha R-V905 and it sounds great.

[Dec 14, 1998]
Richard Wurzer
an Audio Enthusiast

The KV1 has a very natural sound to it. other centers i looked at that were $50-150 more (energy, polk) had a smaller and unnatural sound to them. the voices from the kv1 don't seem to be coming from a speaker or box. nice clarity without any undo hype or sheen. great value for the money. using them with yamaha 992 and klipsch KG4s as mains.

[Jan 27, 2000]
John Miller
Audio Enthusiast

Excellent dialogue capability. Suprising midrange and even low bass. Sturdy construction - well made. Overall a very solid center channel.

[Jun 17, 2000]
MOE
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

CRYSTAL CLEAR DIALOG

NONE

I HAVE OWNED THIS BABY FOR OVER A YEAR AND IT STILL PERFORMS GREAT. I CONSIDER, FROM TIME TO TIME, AN UPGRADE AND THEN I JUST LISTEN CLOSELY AND I THIMK TO MYSELF, DAMN THIS SPEAKER SOUNDS GREAT. ZERO DISTORTION AND CLEAN DIALOG. I BELIEVE THIS SPEAKER WILL INTEGRATE INTO ANY SYSTEM. GREAT SPEAKER.