Klipsch KSC-C1 Center Channels

KSC-C1

mfk3   AudioPhile [Sep 17, 2009]

A truly awesome find, for $40.00 on ebay. I was using a Klipsch KG 2.2v, but when I saw this with the tractrix horn, 80 x 40 I knew it would be a good match for my Klipsch Forte II's. There is no way I would ever buy anything buy Klipsch, ok, well maybe some of the Altec 604 series. I like big speakers that propogate big wavelenghts.

This little guy rocks with movies, music and video games. Totally worth it.

tommyus6969   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 19, 2009]

Don't let the ugly grille fools you, it is an amazing center channel speaker. It can handle anything you put thru, hard rock, movie, heavy metal, soft rock, and even Karaoke. Great quality built center channel, but clearity is a little bit less than the Energy C-C100 that I have. I like my Energy C-C100 very much, but it can't handle Karaoke as well as this Klipsch monster. Paid $120 from Ubid about 10 years ago and still using it

Brian   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 06, 2003]
Strength:

Crispy, loud, undistorted sound, Craftmanship, and low price on eBay

Nothing after 14 months of use.

I have used speakers from Polk and Bose before paying attention to Klipsch. Bought a system a year ago with KSB 3.1 + KSC-C1 and SS-1. WOW! They are unfairly more crispy and louder than others I used. The center gives my 57 inch TV a real feel of a theater. Man, I am hooked to Klipsch now. I just wonder how Sony and Bose can sell anything in the presence of Klipsch which may have done a poor marketing job. May upgrade to the Reference series soon.

norman emralino   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 04, 2003]
Strength:

at this price, this is the best center speaker. loud yet clear tractrix horn. good woofers too! it can handle high volumes without distortion. very sturdy casing and gold plated connectors.

looks of this center can be old-fashioned but what the heck, who cares about the style. for it's performance, no weaknesses.

at first, i was planning to get a bose center speaker, vcs-10 i think. but when i read the reviews, just changed my mind buying that one. i settled for the klipsch center ksc-c1 based on the reviews here. the speaker looks simple and classic but when i hooked it up, sound was loud and clear. the tractrix horn is exceptionally accurate in detail. you can understand the voices very well. it even overpowers my fronts. sounds like you're in a movie hall.

Similar Products Used: bose vcs-10, b&w, jbl center
Neal Farrar   Casual Listener [Nov 13, 2002]
Strength:

Great sound Plays loud no distortion Looks good

none that I have found

Fine speaker for the money great range, reasonable bass, looks good and puts out alot of sound. I am using a entry level Sherwood 5.1 receiver, with Klipsch surronds and AR subwoofer. The center channel handles much of the sound and the subwoofer is what really makes HT different from music as far as what speakers are best suited.

Similar Products Used: My first center channel speaker
Jim Tuccillo   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 20, 2002]
Strength:

Efficiency. Fits nicely on top of a Sony trinitron.

None that I can think of.

Very efficient, very clean sounding and a great deal at $71 from ubid.

Tom   AudioPhile [Feb 27, 2002]
Strength:

Clarity, excellent tonal quality. The sound is so incredibly clear! Great prices available on eBay.

Grill can dent since metal (mine arrived with a slight ding, but hardly noticeable), but none as far as sound quality.

What a fabulous center channel speaker! I had an excellent Boston Acoustics 525 that I upgraded to the KSC-C1 after reading all of the outstanding reviews, and getting a great price on eBay ($122.50 + $18 shipping and insurance). The Klipsch sounds so much better than the Boston Acoustics speaker! Much more oomph and clarity. For example, the beginning low conversations in GLADIATOR between Maximus and his right hand commander - was always hard to make out with the BA 525. But it was very clear and audible with the Klipsch. DTS Saving Private Ryan - Tom Hanks can be heard much more clearly during the opening beach landing mayhem. OUTSTANDING speaker / value! System: Sony STR-DE945 - 110 watts X 5, DTS, DD Toshiba dual tray DVD player Definitive Technology PowerField 15 sub Klipsch KG3 main speakers Klipsch KSC-C1 center Klipsch Quintet satellites (replaced Paradigm Titan speakers) Monster interconnects / cables

Similar Products Used: Boston Acoustics 525
vwpower44   AudioPhile [Feb 15, 2002]
Strength:

Horn, Woofer, dB Rating...Very efficient

None at all

What can you say about Klipsch except UNBELIEVABLE. This is the best sounding center channel for the price. This little speaker can hit with the bass and break glass with the treble. Very vocal with the voices and sound effects. I Don''t even know what to say, i was so blown away by this speaker. It is amazing what this speaker can do. It made my home theater experiences come to life instantly. Great Buy!!

Similar Products Used: JBL Floor speakers Klipsch Quintets Denon AVR 982 Klipsch KSW-15
beeco   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 13, 2002]
Strength:

Great sound. Easy hook-ups. Strong sturdy case.

? Maybe too big for some? Or too loud? Dunno I have not seen one.

WoW! I love this speaker. It is not the best I have listened to. But it is the best I have heard that I can afford. I was going to spend around $200 for a Center speaker. And settled for this. I am glad I did not waste the extra $100. This was what I was needing.

Similar Products Used: Bose..KLH..Canon
Brian   Casual Listener [Feb 03, 2002]
Strength:

Good sound/build. Banana plug inputs. Heavy.

Grill

Overall a good sounding center channel for the price paid. I think with shipping it was $89. I noticed the first time I hooked it up that it did ''bleed'' my TV. So I moved it back & reset my TV and all was fine. However, now when I slide it up to the edge it doesnt do it anymore. Seeing how it was scratching my entertainment center when I was sliding it back & forth I placed some of those velvet-like sliders underneath- so now when not in use I can slide it back and hide it. Its not the prettiest thing but the build is solid & weighs a ton. (The grill is somewhat flimsy,use caution if trying to remove it) The speaker needs to be as far up front as you can get it. I had it placed a little farther back (8 inches) on the stand and it didnt sound too good. I think the sound was bouncing off the entertainment stand and into the ceiling. Overall a great/inexpensive way to build up your system.