Infinity Systems Prelude-CC Center Channels

Prelude-CC

sheldont   AudioPhile [Mar 04, 2004]
Strength:

Wide soundstage, melds into front channels, no cabinet noise(aluminum), looks killer, soft when needs to be, hard when you want it to be.

Needs a strong amp, but that's not a bad thing.

Unfreakin' believable center channel speaker. Man the price you pay for this beast is awesome. I bought it on a close out, and since these usually go for 2000 GW's, I'm happy I got it. I hooked it up to my HK and that amp was movin' this thing. The DENON PMA did about ten times better though. Talk about richness across everything. Great detail, wide dispersion, no cabinet noise. It improved my system 4 fold over the Polk cs350 I was using. It integrates very well with my Kappas and I can run full range to it. Men's voices are clear and deep and raspy, women's voices are brilliant, front stage bass is amazing. I really can't find a flaw with this speaker, and it's not even broken in yet. Just make sure you have some high current going to it.

Similar Products Used: Polk CS350, Alpha37c, Intermezzo C, KEF q9c
OVERALL
Ian   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 02, 2002]
Strength:

Construction, handling dynamic changes, natural voice, music. Low profile, has its own cradle to sit in.

limited low end...but hey its a center!

Very Happy with this purchase. Very balanced sound, clean, unstrained sounding even at very high DB. Natural sounding voice. Music however on 5.1 sounds GREAT! I had almost given up on a few poorly mixed older music concert DVD's. This totally brought them to life and made it enjoyable listening again. Even makes pro logic sound good (I did not think that was possible)

Similar Products Used: Used with; HKDVD 50 ATI 5 Channel amp HK signature digital processor
OVERALL