Energy Speaker Systems Veritas V2.0C Center Channels

Energy Speaker Systems Veritas V2.0C Center Channels

DESCRIPTION

The Energy Veritas 2.0C, featuring the Energy Veritas Tapered Crossover System, is timbre matched to the entire Energy Veritas family to provide superior sound in a surround atmosphere. The result is improved imaging accuracy, flat response over a very wide horizontal plane, and drastically improved wide and constant dispersion. Deep bass response, low distortion and elevated power handling characterize this elegantly crafted center channel. Start experiencing movies how it was intended with Energy Veritas Home Theater Speaker Systems.

USER REVIEWS

[May 17, 2004]
Captain Joe
Audio Enthusiast

The Veritas 2.0C is certainly a great product however I have two complaints about it. First, its timber match is not really a perfect one with Veritas 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4 main speakers which I’m using now. However it does mach the 2.0 and the 2.0R (check out their mid and high drivers and cross over frequencies) Second, when it’s sitting horizontally the way it is designed for, using a sound level meter reveals that the right side of the room enjoys 3 to 4 dbs more than the left side, I think it has to do with the mid/low crossover tapering. I was able to fix that problem by having it sit vertically, slightly raised above the floor just under my projection screen. At this time I’m considering replacing it with a 2.2 which is the perfect solution for both problems. Unfortunately the 2.2’s are sold in pairs. I wish Energy would come up with a 2.2C. . . As far as the 2.4’s I think they are splendid. I’m looking forward to hear any comments.

[Apr 06, 2004]
Dugby
AudioPhile

Strength:

Musicality, image, depth, soundstage, warmth, accuracy, response, tone. Perfect match to Energy Pro22 Monitors

WOW.... is all I've been saying since I just put the Veritas V2.0C center speaker in amongst my four Energy Pro22 Monitors with an M&K 125MKii sub and Harman Kardon AVR8500 (aka AVR8000) HT amp. The V2.0C is a perfect match for the Pro22's that I've had for 15 years. The timbre, image, sound stage, warmth and musicality is just a beautiful compliment to each other now. I did have the Wharfedale Modus-Music center which was consider good by homecinemachoice.com, but now the Veritas just elevates my HT from OK to Supreme, it confirms what is written about the importance of a good center speaker. The sound stage just opens up and removes a veil that I didn't know I had until the V2.0C went in. I thought the superb sound quality of my 4x Pro22's would make up for the short-coming of the Wharfedale...I was terrible wrong. The centre definately contributes 80-90% plus of a HT soundstage, image and overall HT experience. For all those with Pro22's this is just a wonderful feeling to know that your magnificent HiFi stereo speakers can have a new life in a HomeTheater system. Try-it and you'll re-live that 1st experience you had when you hooked up the Pro22's those many years ago