Energy Speaker Systems Take 1 Center Channels

Take 1

Phil Macino   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 16, 2000]
Strength:

Awesome sound, Size

None

Love it. This speaker is crisp, clean, and fills up a room! It is ideal if you don't want a huge center channel sitting on top of your set, but still want great sound.

Similar Products Used: Infinity
xRAzORx   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 25, 2000]
Strength:

Very small, great dispersion, excellent quallity, banana clip ready

Hard to find!

Have this coupled with a set of JBL Music2 sats at four corners and a some powered subs. I use a Denon AVR1800 with a Raite AVPhile 715 DVD. I go Digital Co-Ax into the Denon and usually listen to DTS or DD DVD's. Although many stores who can get this say the Take1 is timbre matched to the Take2 satellites, it is a great match as well for my JBL Music2 sat's. Each (Take1 and Music2 sat) has dual 3 1/2"mids. The sats have a bass port and a titanium tweeter while the Take 1 has no bass port (that I've found) and a semi-metallic tweeter. When running test tones around the channels, it is only slightly off from the sats. To alleviate any issues during movies I leave the "Cinema EQ" enabled on the Denon and the front three blend beautifully. The Take1 has a wide dispersion filed for its very small size 4" high x 10" wide x 5" deep. It really projects the center sound very well. It is unmatched in its size, price ,and quality in combination. They are just very hard to find and normally have to ordered from a local retailer as Energy doesn't allow mail order or on-line purchases. I highly recommend this center for use with sat/sub systems. For those with full size fronts, the timbre may be too off though for it to be a good match.

frank herrera   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 06, 2002]
Strength:

Excellent sound for such a small size!

No bass capabilities, but thats why we use subs right?

Excellent sound from this small box. Just right when matched with the take 2's

Similar Products Used: N/A
don zafuto   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 22, 1999]
Strength:

EXCELLENT Mid-range priced center speaker. I've got the Energy Take-5 system, and this center speaker meshes well with the complete set.

Matt Wallace   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 03, 2000]
Strength:

Detail, imaging, dialogue, dispersion

Not much..

I've had this speaker for about a month and have been blown away by it every day. It has been a long time since I have been this excited over my HT! I know it's a small speaker, but it truly fills my room with detail and sounds great from any position. I have it placed with a set of towers and rear Pro Logic upgrades, and it sounds great. I will be buying the Take 2's next for surround use, as I am positive I will be as impressed with the dramatic difference I can HEAR in every movie- even in Pro Logic and on video games. It's just unreal how big an impact it made in my house. Good luck to you in yours!! With this speaker, you won't need help!