Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 Center Channels

HTM-200

88hz-20khz +/- 2.5dB 1" catenary soft dome tweeter w/neodymium magnet, shielded (2) proprietary 4" long throw polypropylene woofers, cast metal chassis, rubber surround, vented pole piece, shielded

ScoobySnack   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 14, 2002]
Strength:

clarity and precision in music. Great surround speakers.

Ordering online without getting to test them first but ascend acoustics does have a 30 day trial period.

I''m not a professional but I do know that when I listen to these speakers the music sounds very crisp and clear without any distortion, even at high levels(movies also). Ascend Acoustics speakers should not be compared to low end level speakers that are highly manufactured (low-end polk, any boss, most JBL except s412''s)For serious listeners who pay attention to detail, consider trying out the ascend acoustics speakers.

Similar Products Used: Get the whole 5.1 package with Hsu VTF-2 subwoofer. I use it with an Onkyo 595 receiver but I recommend getting the next step up for more power.
Paul Castonguay   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 19, 2001]
Strength:

Clear and accurate dialog.

None

The best quality at the most affordable prices anywhere. I couldn't be more pleased.

Great company with a great product at prices not reflective of their true value.

What more could anyone ask in this day and age?

You will not be disappointed.

Similar Products Used: Everything Else
Ben Medwed   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 22, 2001]
Strength:

Excellent transient response. Clean and natural sounding dialogue. Extremely wide dispersion. Nice compact size.

none

I purchased the complete HTM-200 5.1 system packaged with the Hsu Research VTF-2 system for $995. What performance and what a price!!! I believe the center by itself sells for $149.95 and I will focus my comments toward this speaker only.

I am most impressed by this little center channel speaker. The transient response is incredible, the clang of metal on metal during Gladiator sword fighting is intense! Speech is very intelligible and natural sounding. I have heard many center speakers and most sounded thin and somewhat nasal compared to the HTM-200.

It is hard to believe that so much sound is generated by such a small speaker! Ascend did their homework on this baby and I recommend it!

Similar Products Used: Polk, Bose, Energy.