Mission M72i Bookshelf Speakers

Frequency Response 3db 56Hz to 20kHz
Sensitivity SPL/m/2.83V 89dB
Cross-Over Frequency 2.8kHz
Effective Volume 12.5 litres
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohm (min 4 Ohms)
Amplifier power 25 - 100W/Ch
Dimensions (HxWxD) 335 x 200 x 305(mm)
Finish Beech
Graphite Black

aasenatrix   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 01, 2008]
Strength:

Bass for size
Attractive
Good Power Handling
Seem to Forgive alot of Abuse
Bi-Wire

Bi-Wire plates can be tricky

Please Not my purchase price is in Canadian Dollars

In order to get an accurate idea about how good a set of speakers are they must be compared to those similar in their price range. These missions however are far superior to anything I have heard within this price point. The M72i is a two-way bookshelf speaker that uses a reflex loaded enclosure to produce bass as low as 56Hz. This is a conservative rating; by measures used by other companies I suspect the M72i's could reproduce sound to lower frequencies.
In terms of physical appearance these speakers are well designed and attractive. The quality of mission's finish is excellent-without the grill these are really something to look at.
For my demo of these speakers I used a Harman Kardon HK3480 stereo receiver delivering 120wpc. This probably isn't necessary as it ever so slightly exceeds the manufacturer's recommendation. The missions however came alive and delivered both impressive bass for a bookshelf and clear acute highs. After the recommended break in period of two hours, I decided to crank the volume and see what they could do. Suffice it to say these sounded better than most bookshelves I have owned; with the exception of my Quad 11L's (but that is a completely different price range).
Bottom Line:
These are great speakers, powerful for their size. You won't be disappointed. Mission delivers another good product, I am really gaining more and more respect for these guys. I wonder what would happen if I bi-wire them?