Jensen C-1 Bookshelf Speakers

C-1

Jensen C-1 6 1/2" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers(Pair)

Joel Doxtator   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 23, 2003]
Strength:

Deep clean bass clear highs wood construction rear ported great imaging

No insulation in box wire clips are cheap

This is the best deal going for a cheap 5.1 setup. I bought myself 2 pair of the Jensen C1 speakers and Jensen CCS center cannel. The total was $222.00 canadian. One thing about this set is that the construction may not be the best, but the sound is top notch. I even run without a subwoofer with this setup.

Similar Products Used: emerson 4" loud speakers
Tristan customs   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 12, 2003]
Strength:

good bass great highs

my tweeter broke in the first 60 days

These are great speakers great low end and great highs. they sound a bit better than a set of altecs that i have and these are much cheaper.

Similar Products Used: altecs custom speakers
BobL   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 12, 2003]
Strength:

Very clean, detailed top end for an inexpensive speaker. Decent and tight bass output for a 6 1/2 inch woofer. "Titanium tweeter" !

Thin wood sides - Made in China. Small, cheap looking speaker wire connectors.

I bvought thes as a step up from a pair of CJR Jensen's that I had in a second 2 channel system in my computer room. These have more bass than the CJRs and cleaner and more natural vocals. The top end is not as pronounced as with the CJR. The have great imaging for such an inexpensive speaker ($50-$60 per pair). Actually a better top end than a pair of B&W bookshelf speakers I have in my HT setup.

Similar Products Used: RCA small bookshelf speakers with a "dipole" tweeter, B&W bookshelf speakers ( 602 or 603 ?? )