Goldmund Logos Bookshelf Speakers

Logos and Logos Mini Activ : active version with built-in 200W JOB 4 circuit amplifier and D/A Converter using the Goldmund Alize4 latest module per section (2 x in the Logos). Selectable analogue or digital (SPDIF in/out) inputs.

enpassant   AudioPhile [Mar 08, 2007]

Clarity, Definition of sound.

Unreliability. I have a mutichannel system with Goldmund Logos speakers that I purchased a few months ago. Often one or both of the rear digital active speakers (Mini-Logos) do not sound at all, although I know the speakers are on (i.e., I hear the "shh" sound only). If I pull off the power cord of the active speaker and then put back again does it start to sound. But then, the other rear speaker does not sound. Then if I pull off the the power cord of the one that does not sound and then put back again, it starts to sound -- but this time the other rear speaker goes mute. After repeating this ping-pong game about 3-4 times for each speaker and being properly driven to nuts, by pure luck, I get sound for both speakers. It has always been like this since my purchase. I feel that I have to repeat this for the rest of the products' lives.

Good, clean sound, but absolutely unreliable. You will get a headache fixing problems. Besides, Goldmund service will not help you at all. I feel like having purchased a Mercedes that does not run.

Customer Service

The local Goldmund support here in Korea does not have a clue, but they apparently must know about this problem because they have suggested the solution of pulling out the power cord and them putting back again in the first place. Whenever I ask them about the permanent solution, they say they are trying to contact the Goldmund in Swiss but have not gotten any replies back. I wonder what kind of liaison system Goldmund has with its international dealers.

I sent numerous emails explaining this problem to Goldmund in Swiss myself (, but have never gotten any replies back either. There simply is no way I could get in touch with them -- by phone or by email. I feel like a total idiot having purchased the USD 50k+ products and getting this kind of slap-on-your-face treatment. I feel it amounts to a fraud.

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved. and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network: | | | |