Bose 141 Bookshelf Speakers

Bose 141 Bookshelf Speakers

DESCRIPTION

These bookshelf speakers offer renowned Bose sound at an affordable price. Bose 141 speakers deliver high-fidelity sound you'd expect from much larger, more expensive speakers. And their compact, classic styling helps them blend easily into any decor. Each speaker features a patented StarDriver full-range driver, delivers clear, crisp highs and deep, full bass. In addition, special slot port tuning helps deliver full, accurate sound. You can use 141 speakers as your main speakers, extension spea

USER REVIEWS

[Oct 27, 2022]
Madmardigannn

Strength:

The preamp is also able to drive a poweramp situated as far away as up to 10 meters (according to Linn). Works fine for me with poweramp situated 6 meters away, between speakers. Henderson truck brake service

None . .

[Sep 14, 2022]
ampva301

Strength:

A single 4.5" star-shaped driver produces lovely mid- and treble tones. Check our service drywall.

I'm more interested in highs and mids and use a Polk psw10 subwoofer with the bass tuned down.

[Sep 13, 2022]
roxannpfwpo

Strength:

They do require quite a bit of power to sound good, and need bass and treble boost on the tone controls. They are for smaller rooms only. Bose stopped making them. mobile truck engine repair

none . .

[May 05, 2021]
rosendamanns

Strength:

Perfect choice for a home sound trip. It has full-range sound (limited) out of that little 4" star speaker.. amazing. Fairly loud without distorting. | Pool Deck

Not very attractive.

[Aug 06, 2010]
Small Cage
Casual Listener

Good grief - we get these speakers home - 40 miles from retailer - and open box and open instructions and on page 3 find that they require an additional supply and purchase of 2-conductor wire... not noted on outside of box and not supplied - for the price they could have thrown in a supply... are we supposed to stand in the store and open the box and read the instructions to make sure no other supplies are needed ? idiots...

[Jan 17, 2010]
plozr
Audio Enthusiast

I have just bought the very small speakers and have found that they sound better than other speakers of there size. I paid $ 99 for then at bj's. I own studio monitors at the same price and these sound better. I have owned and listened to many polk audio modals and for a single 4" driver they are better sounding. It was hard to find anything for $100 and as small that was even close. they recreate the sound stage very very well. The lower mids are very realistic. The lower bass is tight and clear, I play a five string bass and i know what a low b sounds like. the cymbals are are metallic sounding with a nice shimmer to them. All and all my favorite speaker to enjoy many different styles of music. Just a note about music reproduction and acoustics, it is a science. It does mean more that just numbers on a piece of paper. The way we hear things plays in the way driver shapes are designed. I know this because all instruments sounds different. No two five sting basses sound the same even the same model. I found these speakers to be very close to what i want a performance to sound like. What else is there?

[Jan 03, 2007]
mconn
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Looks good for cheapos. Smooth mids inexpensive. Listenable

Needs treble boost and bass help. Not for highly critical listening. Stigma of single driver but no in actual performance

I have two pair, each connected to a home made sub, in the workout room and sewing room. With the help of a SW the 141's sound very smooth indeed and very listenable over extende periods to my old ears. Tweek the treble a bit and expect them to be beamy and not spray the sound like other Bose products and for the money, they are my favorite and most used speakers. Great on vocals with radio and background music. Everything inteligible at low volumes, can't say that about all speakers this cheap. They will play much louder than you would expect with clarity.

Customer Service

None needed

AR,Boston Acoustics, Velodyne, MCM components, Bose 201's, Lifestyle 48 sytem

[Jan 21, 2006]
deejmic
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Full range sound (limited) out of that little 4" star speaker.. amazing. Fairly loud without distorting.

Not very attractive. Not efficient. Poor upper frequency response. Plastic cabinets. Wimpy speaker wire connectors.

I bought these several years ago while on a tight budget, to round out my Bose system. I already had the 301's and the VCS 10 center channel. At the time, I just wanted to have a matching set of Bose all the way around. For the last 8 years, this speaker set-up has served me well. The 301's have played well for the $300 they cost me, the center I purchased for $50.00 from my cousin and the other $90.00 was spent on the 141's. For less than $450.00, I had a very nice first surround system/home theater. Now.... I've outgrown them and yes, even though I dont bash Bose, after listening to some real speakers for probably twice what I've paid for these... I'm convinced that I'm ready for something better. Bose isnt bad, not for the price. But believe it... they are not a high end speaker manufacturer. Materials they use are cheap, lots of plastics, paper cones, and subpar cabinets. They tweak the sound by way of crossover and cap manipulation, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but there is so much compensation going on for shoddy materials, that you dont get full frequency response. Like I said, I'm not ripping them. They have there market and appeal to a particular crowd and I really enjoyed my Bose experience, but when you outgrow yours and decide that you have the ways and means (money) Go audition the next level up.... Polk, Klispch, Boston Acoustics, KEF, Definitive Technology... and run them through the paces. For an audiophile, the difference is night and day. So if you cant tell a difference between a quality speaker system and an entry level system, stay with Bose, they are decent and sound o.k....but if you can.... well, you know what to do. BTW... my 141's are power hungry, inefficient and rather "flat" also. But for $90.00 that's what I would expect. They're great for surrounds or background bedroom speakers, or for a garage... and that's where there usefullness ends.

Similar Products Used:

Infinity, Polk Audio, Cambridge Soundworks, Klipsch, Advent, Yamaha, JVC, Technics..... too much to really list everything.

[Feb 08, 2005]
tiger1
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Price. Size. Price. Good Sound. Price. Bose name. Did I mention price?

First off let me tell you that there are better speakers out there, but for the money these are the best bookshelf speakers you can buy. Period. Don't let the puny one little 4.5" driver fool you, these speakers can produce plenty of bass and treble for a small room. Here's is where most people get tricked though. You must turn up the bass and the treble on your amp to get satisfying sound out of the 141s. I know, I know the audioplies out there are screaming that you shouldn't mess with the tone controls for a good speaker. However, these speakers really do require you to boost the bass and the treble. Then they start to sound more natural. Also, you must have an amp with enough power. My 60x5 Denon doesn't cut it. It was only when I used my 120x5 amp that the speakers really came alive. Don't get me wrong, these are not audiophile speakers, but you would have to spend $200-$300 to get the same or better sound. So if you are looking to fill a bedroom or office space with clean sound on a budget get these speakers if you can find them. They have been discontinued, but you can find them at a few of the Bose stores or online.

Similar Products Used:

Infinity, JBL, Energy, Paradigm, Klipsch, Martin Logan, you name it.

[Oct 16, 2004]
adibigs87
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

single 4.5'' star shaped driver plays mid and treble beautiful

bass doesnt really effect me i'm using a polk psw10 subwoofer with the bass turned down im more into highs and mids

i'm reviewing these again because i didnt have my bass and treble set right, i didnt have the speakers positions right either and i should have let them break in before reviewing them. i was just happy to recieve them so i did everything in a rush typical 17yr old.