Panasonic SL-S231C CD Players Portable

SL-S231C

Drew5252   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 06, 2002]
Strength:

pop up release great sound car mountable long battery life 10 second shock protection great headphones

need to buy a lens kit after two years... it gets dusty

I don't really have the 231c, I just have the 230. The sound quality is great, but the sound seems to sound better out of the headphone amp than the audio out amp. I like the many features offered, and the great battery life/popup cd release that Panasonic offers. The only problem that I've found is that I've owned it for about two years, and so the lens is dusty and now I'm going to have to get a lens kit. Other than that, it works great, hasn't scratched my discs until lately (no cleaning kit), and is a really nice player.

Similar Products Used: other panasonic cd players, sony cd player
OVERALL
Richard   Casual Listener [Jan 23, 2001]
Strength:

Minimal skips, plays RW media

Would be nice if the amp had 10% more power

Works well, great sounding (with good headphones). It even plays my CD-RWs, although I'm not sure its supposed to, because they dont work with Antishock turned on. Antishock works well, but ive had it sitting on the seat of a car for 4 hrs without it skipping without antishock. Its also nice that it comes with the car kit and AC adaptor.

OVERALL