Bose Mediamate Computer Speakers Computer Speaker Systems

Mediamate Computer Speakers

Bose Computer Speakers with RCA Inputs, 2 source inputs

Bill   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 16, 2010]

The Bose mediamate speakers were given to me as a gift about 8 to 10 years ago and they're still working great!
The sound quality is fantastic, I always get compliments on them.
I don't know why the others are complaining about these awesome speakers...
Thanks for listening

Armando   Casual Listener [Jul 16, 2009]

This Speakers at night, when the computer ia off they star a sound like this "ssch,ssch, for a long time and after that they stop. Who can tell me, why they make that noise?? Are they are defect??

benita   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 19, 2009]

Mi permezzo di fare questa ropulazione in Italiano.

Ha begotta questi altoparlori in Treviso hes 3 monti. Environta 300 euro, incluenta la meggiore stabilmento de rei. No ha entendere la fulminanto presentazione in la mia cosa, suon et presentazione in momento vento, ma questi posantere la minoretta problematico del sul. Que promezzo e focus sin la robustazione el otri parlori, resemblere veramente questi dolce, questi, dolore...

Solamenti una questione appropriato: Dove fare di gli terribli costazio rosso en la butta?

GradyPhilpott   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 27, 2008]
Strength:

Crystal clear, balanced, faithful sound reproduction across a broad frequency range.

Inexpensive, even at the full MSRP.

Not a single one that I can think of.

I've had these speakers for about three years and I never cease to be amazed at the crystal clarity of the speakers and how lucky I was to find them at such an unbelievable price.

I'm not sure these speakers are still available, but I just wanted to weigh in on these precious little babies, since there are a couple of very prominent reviews here that unfairly desparage these litttle gems.

I'm listening to Eva Cassidy now and if I close my eyes it feels like I could reach out and touch her.

allan   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 28, 2007]
Strength:

Decent sound at low levels.

For $200 these speakers should blow the doors off. They don't and Bose trashed their reputation with this product.

I bought these speakers based on my prior experience with Bose products. They sounded good in the store. I have had them for nearly three years and I have to say I am really disapointed in both the speakers and Bose for putting out such expensive junk. The vaunted bose base is not present in these speakers. They sound fine at low volume but can't blow the doors when turned up. Hey for 200 bucks I could have bought a lot better speakers on the market. Lesson learned, need a separate bass amp for good sound. My cabridge speakers cost $50 and sound a heck of a lot better. Bose is selling out their name with substandard products. I am no longer a fan of bose products after this ripoff.

Similar Products Used: Cambridge 2.1 speakers - great for the price.
No name 2.1 speakers for $20 that still sound better than Bose.
MELV1N   AudioPhile [Feb 17, 2007]
Strength:

Clear sound for both music and dialog type of listening. The dual audio imputs are great if you choose to use them both for computer and mp3 use. They are narrow so they fit in between the books on bookshelfing well.

Kind of expensive for two channel computer speakers. No power switch. An audio out would not have hurt; there have been times when I could have shared my music. The cabinet is made in a strange upward angle that effects the sound if not positioned correctly (thats why i put them on their side).

I have had my set of Mediamates for about two years now. They are used in an office setting, and I alternate between running my mp3 player and stream music from my computer through these speakers. They are generally run at low to medium volume levels my entire shift. I think they sound pretty good. They take up relatively little space and are easy to stash in my locker. I listen to them at head level, and i believe they sound better resting on their sides rather on the intended base. My review might be more critical if these speakers were used at home or in a setting that allowed me to crank them up. I think that the recessed treble and lack of low end capsity mentioned in the some of the other reviews might be what makes these speakers work environment friendly. However, I don't think either of the issues are a severe poblem with these speakers. Since I do disconnect these speakers at the end of my shift, it is nice that I get this much sound without having to run a subwoofer.

If you can get a deal on them from e-bay or some other second hand vender, I recommend them. The retail I paid for them is a little high.

Similar Products Used: altec lancing 5.1 thx; jbl, digital, dell, axiom
holm0299   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 02, 2007]
Strength:

Rich, full sound. Great highs, and deep lows.

no on/off switch. seriously, this bugs me. I just hooked it up to an external switch and am happy with that.

UNREAL! These sound so good, I am still perplexed at how such a small speaker can provide such full, rich sound. You need to go to your local Sams Club and pick these up. I really don't know what else to say but they sound better than my sony floor speakers!

AJ   AudioPhile [Sep 30, 2006]
Strength:

Exceptional clarity
Perfectly balanced sound
Great looking speakers
Quaility cables/power pack
Ability to connect to another aux.source
Power to spare

NONE!

Bose has perfected the art of the the small speaker with Big speaker sound.But remember this doesn't mean it's going to sound like a full size floor floor speaker.This is for a Computer.Keep it real will you?The sound is rich,extremly clear,and balanced with just enough bass to make the sound perfect for what it is a small Computer speaker with exceptional reflectig sound quailites.If you a looking for earth shaking bass than this is not the system for you.