Sony RX66 Mini Systems

RX66

Scott   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 11, 2017]

It is now 2017. I received this stereo as a gift from my parents in high school (2000ish). It went to college with me and trust me, it was not well cared for there. Has a dent in the top as proof of my 6'8" 250lb roommate sitting on it. It now serves as my garage stereo. As I have gotten into higher end audio I am blown away by the sound quality of this system. I have $500 klipsch bookshelfs that can't touch the low end that this system produces. The three way speakers (hard to find these days) excel in the highs and mids as well. Keeping this thing going until it dies.

Jose C   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 03, 2003]
Strength:

Perfect Bass, Looks awesome, Awesome PErformance for its low 60-60Watt power. Incredible surround sound simulation.

Hmmm, Its getting old, Still sounds awesome but Im thinking of purchasing the Bose Wave Music system.

Awesome system, never had a problem with it. Awesome Loop and flash effetcs on CD playbacks. Awesome bass. This sytem makes my house shake! Its incredible performance for a small system.

Similar Products Used: Aiwa System "CRAP" JVC System "not bad but does not compare to the RX-66"
Jo Lapaire   AudioPhile [Dec 21, 2002]
Strength:

-beau look! =) -belle basse profonde -fiable -prix

-a long terme le volume sur l'ampli brise. -trop de choix de mode de sons(sa ma pris au moin 3½ ans pour en trouver un bon)!!

C'est un très bon achat! Pour le prix sa serais difficile de trouver mieu. J'écoute du rock avec se systeme de sons et je trouve des fois que sa crain un petit peu...je veux dire que...le sons varie trop entre les cd.

Similar Products Used: aucun
Trinidad   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 29, 2000]
Strength:

Strong bass, cool design, thr grooves embedded into the subwoofer.

Would like to control more from remote

This stereo rocks! I mean the sound is clear, with no disortion, even at the highest volumes(and I mean highest, turned it up all the way on KORN: Got The life, and it still sounded good!) The bass also sounds very good, with rumbling lows I could feel throughout the house. I also like the grooves in the subwoofer, makes it look kind of nice. And I dont care what other people think, I like the design, a lot. Every friend who has come over has commented me on it. My main gripe is that I wish I could control more from the remote, such as the DBFB. It's kind of sad that SONY doesn,t make them anymore, although you might still find some around(I found a couple at my local Service Merchandise). If you find one, BUY IT!
(AIWA doesnt compare with SONY) :-)

Similar Products Used: None
Gary Waldron   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 24, 2000]
Strength:

Very loud, Very good bass Response, Cool cd effects.

no Balance control, Simulated surround with no rear speaker hookups

This Rocks from the time you turn it on. It is very loud for little speakers. I have a full size stereo and this thing cranks just as loud..The bass is incredible for such a small system..The cd effects like loop and flash are really cool but get kinda boring after a while. This system has a nice recording level for the tape. I have tried recording with little systems before but none have come close to as nice as this one for making tapes. overall this is a really nice system for not too much money.

Similar Products Used: I never had a system like this before but have heard others.
Gary Waldron   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 24, 2000]
Strength:

Very loud, Very good bass Response, Cool cd effects.

Gary Waldron   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 24, 2000]
Strength:

Very loud, Very good bass Response, Cool cd effects.

Carlos   an Audio Enthusiast [Apr 07, 1999]

I bought a Sony RX66 about three months ago. I am very impressed with the sound.I recommend everyone to buy it.I listen to music that carries a lot of deep bass. I think the sony RX66 is the best for bass.

Innisfree   an Audio Enthusiast [Aug 22, 1998]

This minisystem costs about $300 American and can be found at most places that sell minisystems. I am very impressed with the sound that this little unit puts out. I got it because I liked the sound on my Sony LBT-D107, but this is way beyond the old Sony. The only trouble I've had with it was getting a Yamaha subwoofer to work with it. The dedicated subwoofer plug wouldn't take the Yamaha, but wiring the woofer directly into the speaker jacks worked. I've found that the system is quite impressive when hooked up to a hi fi VCR with Star Wars Special Edition in it ;-)

Rebe   an Audio Enthusiast [Feb 09, 1999]

I bought this system based on how it sounded at the store and am really happy with the sound. I not only wanted it for a home stereo system but also to play my Yamaha and Kurzweil keyboards through at home. It handles it very well. I think a subwoofer would be an added benefit for handling the real low bass sounds, but it has a jack for it in the back. The Karoake feature isn't something I was looking for, but have been having fun with it. Be prepared to read the manual to figure it all out. It was a little hard to understand, but not impossible.