Onkyo PTS 303 Mini Systems

PTS 303

Mike   an Audio Enthusiast [Aug 15, 1999]

This is a "so so" type of system. the name onyo isnt something thats not top notch. it does lack in power. You can look elsewhere such as sony, panasonic, bose, or technics which offers better warantee and the quality of the product is also good.

Tony   an Audiophile [Oct 05, 1999]

I own both the PTS-303 and PTS-505. In my opinion I think that these machines sound great for being a mini-system. The controls are easy and concise. The CD changer (not carousel) is also quicker and more compact than most of the ones made by panasonic, sony, and whatever brands that Circuit City sells. The sound from this machine is great (although I don't use the original speakers on my 303 system). Lastly the system specifications only indicate 50W per channel but, don't be fooled. Remember that power is determined by the product of the resistance and square of the current. So systems like Awia and Sony would jack up the resistance and reduce the current to produce impressive wattages and less quality sound.

Russ   an Audio Enthusiast [Apr 05, 1999]

I gave this a listen and thought it had better sound than the Yamaha mini that I recently bought and returned.
Has anyone any other experience with this unit? Please post!

I gave the low rating to no real life experience with this mini.