Aiwa cx-na222 Mini Systems

cx-na222

ian nava   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 20, 2009]

I have found that AIWA has what could be the WORST quality control ever! Products that start malfunctioning within the first 3 months after purchase. Observation made of different models, same low quality, overpriced.
I´ll be carefull of not buying any AIWA product in the future and sugest you do the same, if you value your hard-work earned money. What a shame!

jmusso   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 28, 2003]

I have a problem with AXR-005, it display a "protector" word and it not work. Somebody know the problem

jmusso   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 28, 2003]

eharshberger   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 26, 2002]
Strength:

The surround sound home theater concept. Their equipment just sucks! But, thats what I get trying to buy a lower brand to do this surround sound. BUY Sony, or Pioneer, anyone but Aiwa. Aiwa Sucks!

The company does not care about its customers. They tell you to take it back and exchange, even if you tell them the dealer doesn't have comparable to what you just bought. Aiwa Sucks!

I bought the CD Stereo System NSX-DS50 yesterday afternoon at Sear, to replace the exact same model bought approxiamtely a year ago (1st out of warranty). Set it up last night, worked great, this morning, worked great, turned it off, and turned it back on a few minutes later and it would not power on, just clicking noise. Which is what happened to the first one I got after a few months. I did nothing out of the ordinary when setting it up. Surround was working fine as well. I called customer service (Aiwa) and they tried to blame it on my surge protector. Thats fine, but why did the other one work for months and suddenly shut off as well. She said surge protect prohibit free flow of electricity. Duh! Of course it does to prevent surges! Aiwa tries to blame everything else but the fact they have a crappy product. Needless to say, they didn't do anything to help your satisfy their customer. From this day forward, I will tell everyone I come into contact with when I think about this to NEVER buy any Aiwa product!

Similar Products Used: Aiwa VCR, it was a piece of crap too. But, it was cheap enough I just threw it away and bought a decent product.
wayne   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 31, 2002]
Strength:

styling is great

its hard to program the damn thing

i bought this thing when it came out years ago. i have never had any problem with the cd player, or anything else. actually i am amazed at how long this thing has lasted .... i figured a little desktop system should only last a 2 years right?

Similar Products Used: i have a aiwa cdc mp3 player in my car.. its the third one of the first generation... i figured out early that with the aiwa products you either get a great one or a piece of crap up front.
Nelson   Casual Listener [Aug 04, 2001]
Strength:

Nice remote control and user friendly control

CD Player of the worst quality posible. It does not read my CDs (then again my other CD playes read them without skipping a beat), This cd player should be a deterrent for anyone to get this specific model.

Overall when I first got this system, I was thrilled by its average sound, ease of use and style. After a little over a year I am very dissappointed by the numerous problems I have experienced with the CD player itself. I would not get another AIWA.

Similar Products Used: None
Ben   Audiophile [Sep 19, 2000]
Strength:

sounds pretty good I guess

some cds wont play and not enough power (bass, treble)

Dont get it unless you dont want much power and worried about cds

Eric Hyde   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 02, 2001]
Strength:

Has RCA Input
Has Video/Aux, Tape player, CD player, Tuner

no RCA output, No microphone jack, crappy cd player. quality sucks.

This was a complete waste of money. Here's why: Now on the first 6 months while owning this product everything is nice. After the 6 months are up, BAM!!!!!! the bomb is dropped. The CD player screws itself up. I take it apart and fix it. BAM! it screws itself over again. So I fix it again. BOOOOOM!!! (3rd time is a charm). I can't fix this anymore. The CD player is officially dead. WHY!! why did the cd player crap out?.... I'll tell you why!!!!!! Because AIWA is a bureacracy. All AIWA does is make expensive, flashy, spiffy looking stuff that looks good when you buy it, but smells when you have ownership on it... Let me tell you something.... don't get into AIWA at all... don't buy stock in Aiwa dont purchase any of its products. Don't do anything with it. Aiwa sucks completely. Now it's one thing to sell an item that shows its weakness, then to sell an expensive product that reveals it major weaknesses after the first 6 months of purchase.... AIWA SUCKS!!!!

Similar Products Used: Magnavox AZ9345
Paul N/A   Casual Listener [Dec 27, 2001]
Strength:

Good sound quality, but nothing else

Cd player skips after about 1 hour of playing, Does not have good support when it broke

I bought this product about 6 months ago and it worked fine for that period of time. After that, i realized it was a piece of crap. The cd player skips constantly after about 1 hour of play time on every cd put in. Do not ever, EVER buy this product from CONN'S ELECTRONICS!!! They will not help you if you were lying on the ground dying! Don't buy it anyway!

Similar Products Used: jbl 10 watt stereo from Dollar Store
Chris   Audiophile [Jun 05, 2001]
Strength:

Hardly any.

You get riped off for the money.

Face it, for the money i paid i got riped off. They call this thing a little home theater system just because it comes with four speakers,WHAT A JOKE. The thing only has 80 watts of total power. Like in some of the other reviews I had problems with the cd player skiping a lot. The little 4 inch could not perform on the low end at all. Plus the mid and highs sounded like crap. Like in the first review my cd player went out. Think the lord it was still under warrentry, but their was a problem when i took it back the store quit carrying the xa-na222. For the samn price they were now carrying the CX-NAJ54. So traded it in for that.
Buddy when I got home it made a world of difference. Aiwa took off the two surrounds but made up for it with makeing a so much better system. The power went from 80 to 160 watts, they changed it from being a two way to a three way, also upgraded their woofers from being a 4 inch to a six 3/8, now the 4 inch woofer is now the mid range, and the most biggest thing they have done is give it the multi-amp feature this makes bass sound cleaner and highs sound a heck of a lot better. Don't get me wrong the cx-na222 is not bad' but aiwa was a complete moron for setting the price so dang high. If want to buy the cx-na222 I would not pay no more than like $20.00. But if u want a decent system for $225 which now has gone down to $180 buy the Aiwa CX-NAJ54.
But anyways, thinks for reading my review.

Similar Products Used: Can't find nothing else that over priced.