Yamaha DVR-S150 DVD Players

• Dolby Pro Logic II
  • 192 kHz/24-Bit Audio D/A Conversion
  • 12 Surround Programs

mackjaz   Casual Listener [Sep 09, 2008]

Subwoofer sounds great, rear speakers do a good job of presenting a surround sound feeling, plenty of volume, and plenty of audio style presets, for example video game, stadium, sports, jazz, etc.

I've had this thing for a year and a half and have used it pretty sparingly. About one month ago, it just stopped working. Discs will not play. I've tried all kinds of different media, and none work. I also tried cleaning it with a cleaning disc, but no luck. With only a one year warranty, I'm out of luck. I also have six useless speakers cluttering up my TV room.

Are Yamaha's standards really this low?

This is a good machine... pretty easy setup, lots of audio choices, plays different kinds of media. I was very happy with it until...

Customer Service

They were polite, but not helpful. "Sorry, you're out of warranty" I can ship it to the nearest service center and pay a $50 bench fee and roll the dice.

I hate how nothing is built to last anymore.

Similar Products Used: None.