Samsung DVD-S222 DVD Players

Single disc

blackft   Casual Listener [Jun 05, 2004]

Reads a lot of disk formats

skips often enough for me to grind my teeth, but not often enough for me to throw it against the wall.

This DVD player does a great job decoding my MP3's off of CDR, although has rejected a few, but it has a big problem with playing back just about any DVD. I replaced my last unit because it skipped occasionally, and the Samsung s222 continues on where the RCA left off. I just bought the Fellowship...Two Towers platinum edition and the first disk went through fine, but the second disk skipped every 10 minutes or so, and it skipped the part where Legolas uses a shield as a suf-board down the stairs. I use a Memorex cleaning disk for the optics, clean the brand new, high quality DVD with distilled water and lint free DVD cloth and the skipping happens less frequently, but still persistantly. This same thing happens on EVERY DVD I rent from Hollywood video. I have taken to washing every disk I bring home just because I know it will skip in this horrible DVD player. I have tried leveling the cabinet, changing player position so that it is on top and spacing out the DVD player from the other componants to allow air flow, but nothing works!

Similar Products Used: RCA DVD player.

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved. and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network: | | | |