JVC XV-D723GD DVD Players

XV-D723GD

· Compatible with DVD Video, DVD Audio, CD and Video CD · High-bit/high-sampling (10-bit/54MHz video D/A converter · Built-in Dolby Digital Decoder, Built-in DTS Decoder · Component Video (Switchable for progressive or interlace output), Composite Video, and S-Video terminals · VFP (Video Fine Processor) for Fine Picture Adjustment

74cuda   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 07, 2003]
Strength:

LOOKS GOOD,SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD,PICTURE IS PRETTY GOOD,plays dvd-r

JVC name,no cd-r,

Well,in case you need a spare dvd audio with progressive scan,this is it.I bought one for each of my sons for christmas,and they love em'.I even bought one for my bedroom,at $130 delivered with warranty how can you go wrong.The msrp of 899 was crazy,but at 130 wow,better than an el cheapo.DVD A works well,this is not audiophile quality,but you ain't gonna get that for $130.Best player I ever found for the $.

jomammah   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 28, 2002]

Have it connected to a 57" Toshiba, and get a beautiful, crisp picture. Setup options are thorough but simple. User options are 'bout perfect. The only downer is the remote. It bites. The buttons are all tiny and very closely placed. Some of the labels can barely be read in bright light.

WGF   AudioPhile [Nov 20, 2002]
Strength:

Picture,color and progressive scan

remote control and doesn´t play MP3,CD RW

excellent video performance,very good audio,progressive scan is excellent too. Great picture and color saturation,free of artifacts in SVHS conector and component.One the best equipament for the price .

Similar Products Used: Panasonic A310 and Pioneer 434
todd56   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 01, 2002]
Strength:

Great all-around value

Poor remote; Skips on dvd audio at loud volume (rarely).

This DVD video/audio player is great for the money. It sometimes (rarely) skips while playing a dvd audio disc. I don't know why, but seems to do this only at very loud volume. It won't skip at any volume with dvd's or cd's. The remote is merely passable with the lights on. Otherwise, it is difficult to use because it has no light. The sound this unit generates is very good...much better than my Marantz cd player was with cd's. Also does a great job with video, although I only use the s-video out because I don't have a digital set yet.

Similar Products Used: none
E George   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 05, 2002]
Strength:

Looks. Performance.

Remote.

Exceptional performance in a beautifully designed presentation! Coupled with a Philips 34" HDTV it delivers a stellar picture.

Similar Products Used: Sony
DLHunt0410   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 14, 2002]
Strength:

Dvd audio, Progressive Scan, Component video Output, 6 channel output, picture quality, and sound quality

Placing the 480i/480p switch on the back makes it difficult to use for me. If I leave it on 480p I don''t have a signal. for my bedroom tv (cannot display progressive scan video on the bedroom tv) Remote needs help.(Glow-in-the-dark buttons)

The Progressive scan output via component video looks great. The dvd audio is playback is really a plus. I am pleased with this product''s performance so far. I would recommend it to others.

Similar Products Used: Pioneer 434
Scott   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 30, 2000]
Strength:

DVD-Audio, Progressive Scan, Price

Doesnt Play CD-R or CD-RW. You cnat change settings on player menu unless the disk is stopped.

The Progressive Scan Is increddible I found it was up to par with almost anything out there especially in its price range. I was skeptical at first because JVC had a bad rap from last year but they made up for it in this players features and price. DVD-A is amazing you have to hear it to believe it. I have a 55 inch Toshiba HD ready T.V. and Definitive Technology 2002TL towers and it makes the movie experience exhilerating. I havnt noticed any of the problems that the others are experiencing but I have not watched Gladiator on this player yet. It has played the cell, gone in sixty seconds, Road Trip and Christmas Vacation without a hitch so far. If it had played CD-R it would almost be perfect. I dont think you can find any better bang for your buck than this player.

Similar Products Used: Toshiba 5109, 3109
Haru   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 03, 2001]
Strength:

Progressive Scan outputs, DVD-Audio Capability

Terrible Remote, fast scanning ability is poor

The progressive scan output makes the image quality on my Mitsubishi HDTV flawless. However, the remote is awful with all buttons bieng tiny, and the same shape, size. the lettering is low contrast. FORGET about using this remote in the dark. You CANNOT use it without looking at it every time you need to press a button. THe fast scanning capability is down right awful. its jerky and either two slow or too fast. My $250 Sony DVP-S360 can fast scan backward and forward so smoothly and precisely and its remote is so intuitive, I am going to relegate the JVC to DVD-A duty when Sony comes out with a progressive scan machine in the $400 range.

Still, I rank it 4 stars overall, because inspite of a useless remote and lousy scanning, nothing else at this price gives you DVD-A and progressive scan.

Similar Products Used: Sony DVP-S360 and 560, Pioneeer DV414, DV434, and DVL909
DC   Audiophile [May 18, 2001]
Strength:

Great progressive scan output when hooked up to my Pioneer HDTV. Easy to use. Great Dolby Digital and DTS!

Other than the remote, nothing.

Great Progressive Scan DVD player at a great price. After reading the reviews here, I decided to get it. I got it this morning and I think it is a must buy!