Denon DVD-3000 DVD Players

DVD-3000

DVD/CD player - Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs - Dolby DTS compatible - component video output

MARCHIONI   AudioPhile [Apr 01, 2014]

best dvd player for year 1999,no problems since 1999.

stefansst   Audio Enthusiast [May 27, 2003]
Strength:

Good picture and medium sound quality (with todays standard), when it came out on the market it was exellent quality. Nice remote with direct acess buttons to subtitles and audio choices, all you need.

Doesn't output DTS

Must be a problem with the US version of this player, or maybe the power network in US have to much noice and interference on it or something. Anyway I have had this player since it came out on the market and it has never freezed up on me (not once in almost 7 years).

DREYOUNG67   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 04, 2003]
Strength:

VERY GOOD PICTURE AND SOUND UNIT WORKS FINE

FREEZES AFTER A HOUR OF PLAY, BUT THERE IS A CURE FOR THIS. YOU CAN BUT A SMALL FAN FROM RADIO SHACK THATS VERY QUIET INSTAL IT IN THW POWER SUPPLY AND THAT WILL FIX THE FREESEING, SHUT DOWN AND NO DISK PROBLEM..EMAIL ME FOR LOCATION AND INSTALLATION DIAGRAM

GREAT FOR THE USE NO PROBLEMS BUT FREEZING AND NO DISK BUT THERE IS A FIX

Similar Products Used: NONE
Barry Hanulak   AudioPhile [May 16, 2002]
Strength:

I''m still looking...

See above

Don''t waste your time! This is my second one...first one exhibited constant lock up and freezing after about 20 hours of use. Denon repaired under warranty...that lasted about a month. Finally got the store to replace it after much arguing. Well, the new one lasted about about 6 months (getting better). Same crap! This machine was obviously made for movies under an hour long...that''s about how long it works!

Similar Products Used: Have a DENON AV receiver and it performs well...
Mathieu   Audio Enthusiast [May 24, 2000]
Strength:

good picture, good sounds, dd5.1

something small: cannot disable the display like I can with my denon cd player, bigger issue: no dts (europian models do not have it) and cannot play home made cd's

The denon dvd is:
1. good looking! not so much buttons on the front panel
2. easy to use, the menu is simple
3. offering high quality video output, I use scart
4. offering high quality audio output (normal stereo)
5. has a dd5.1 decoder
6. played all my dvd's, region 1 & 2

I am very pleased with it and do not want to replace it by another one. Goodbye to my vcr (not completely, I use it to record a movie, and if I really like the movie, I will order it on dvd).

Similar Products Used: none, it is my first dvd
Keith Hobbs   Audiophile [Dec 06, 2000]
Strength:

Good Picture, Onboard Decoder

Poor sound on CD when compared with a decent stand alone CD player.

Expensive, especially considering the reliability problems.

Fussy over what discs the machine will play. American Beauty intemittently cuts out sound on certain parts of movie.

Corrs Live at Albert Hall - unlistenable, sound consistently cuts in and out after first 50secs. Been back to the manufaturer twice. Replaced machine, but new machine does exactly the same.

Chicken Run - same story. My advice steer well clear of Denon.

Similar Products Used: None - First DVD
Craig Carpenter   Audiophile [Oct 04, 2000]
Strength:

Performance as a video source

Doesn't output DTS. Not a great CD source

First off, I've had this play for nearly 2 and a half years - it get's used heavily and I've never had it lock up on me. The only problem I've encountered is trying to play a marked disc, which generated some digital blocking on screen, but was cured after I cleaned the laser lense. Great video and audio performance performance with movies, but I output a digital stream straight to the AV amp, so I've not checked out the internal decoder. Not too great as a CD source, but then it has got to compete with my Audiolab transport. I'm in the process of considering upgrading the player and I've looked at Pioneer's 717 and Sony's 7700, but neither give any performance gain what so ever over the 3000. If I do change it'll be to a player like the Meridian 500 series player of the Tag Mclaren DVD 32 R!

Reason for wanting to upgrade - lack of DTS - that's it, but until I find a player worth upgrading to I guess my girlfriend will have to wait until she gets her hands on the Denon!

Similar Products Used: Pioneer DVD 717, Sony 7700
Dick   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 28, 2000]
Strength:

The picture is outstanding when it works also a great cd transport.

design is terrible it lockup almost after 1 year had it repaired and a year later is starting to do the same thing.
would not buy this product. For this kind of money and this company's reputation they should recall all of them or fix the one's out there that are bad until they are right i will not buy anthor denon product again.

when the product is working it is a great one awesome picture and sound. But nothing is worst then having company over and you are bragging about your player and then it starts to lockup i can see the first time but the 2nd time after they knew this to be a problem no way. buy at your own risk.

Similar Products Used: sony
Greg   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 12, 2000]
Strength:

Great sound and picture quality

Expensive...not very durable

I loved the DVD-3000 while it worked. After 11 months the optical laser failed. It had not been heavily used over that time period. Its covered under warranty but I expected a little more based on the price of this player. I have heard of others having the same problem with this model. Performance-wise I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the DVD-3000 but you might want to do some extra research into the reliabilty of this player before purchasing.

Hans Fredrik Wilhelmsen   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 02, 2000]
Strength:

Good sound and picture. Very easy to operate and a clssy look.

My DVD-3000 is NOT dts compatible. That is my problem. I am trying to find a way to modernise it to handle dts.

Overall a very good player. I have had no problems with it at all-