Sennheiser wireless Headphones

wireless

Grimbold   Casual Listener [Oct 25, 2003]
Strength:

none

hissing uncomfortable wear at that high price

I just bought the Sennheiser SR 45 so I could listen to the stereo while moving around the house and yard. I am extremely disappointed: The headphone make me feel hot and uncomfortable, pressing directly on the ear. the circumaural type headphones slightly larger than the earpad would be better. Also there is lots of whistling hissing and rustling depending on your movement, and 30 foot from the source it's unbearably bad. Maybe if you have an old house with only wooden walls it would be better, but modern houses have drywall with steelstuds

Grant Taylor   Audio Enthusiast [May 13, 2003]
Strength:

The company fixes or just sends you a new product quickly and with no hassle. Great customer service, but a joke of a product....

None of the three replacements work.. Terrible product

I purchased the Wireless RS 85's so I could watch and hear another channel ( PIP)on TV while my daughter watched Nickelodeon. Two of these fell apart with-in 6 months. The third set I just got back from Sennheiser is crap. I'm seven feet away from the TV and if I so much as turn my head I lose the sound. Even if I don't move the sound disappears off and on. Don't buy for any reason.

Slidescanner   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 08, 2002]
Strength:

Mobility, light weight, comfort

Not as good of sound as Sennheiser's other models

I think these things are great! (I have the RS65s). They don't sound like the HD600s I love to death, but the wireless feature is a must. I have mine hooked up to my computer and the mobility while working is wonderful. Occasionally I hear interference, but it's not much of a bother. Much nicer sounding and better comfort than the competitive products.

Similar Products Used: RCA, AKG units
Aaron   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 09, 2002]
Strength:

Can walk around while wearing them.

Plastic stresses/breaks easily. Poor audio quality. Transmitter stopped working.

I got these $99 HDR 60 wireless headphones with the T60 transmitter for Christmas based on a reccomendation. What a waste! The quality of audio is less than my $20 Sony headphones I''ve used reliably for 4 years. Occasional interference. After 3 months, I took off my headphones, and the weak plastic where the headphone meets the bridge snapped. I returned them and received a "compatible" HDR 65 headphone and charged it for one day. After this, my transmitter no longer reacted until I unplugged it and repowered it. Then after 10 minutes, the transmitter cut out. I am sending it all back for a new set. Being able to get up from your cube without constantly put your headphones down is a nice convienience, but the audio will suffer. Add the shoddiness of the equipment that I have, I could never reccomend this product. I wish I had read these reviews before requesting them.

Similar Products Used: Sony non-wireless $20 headphones.
paul   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 17, 2000]
Strength:

light weight

awful cracking sound when listening to classical music

Bought the RS 40 wireless FM device. Worked fine with common TV and pop sounds. Failed completely when listening to classical music where voices are dominant. Sounded like a speaker that has been blown up! Terrible....

Took it back immediatly for a refund. I am now looking desperatly for a FM wireless headphone that will comfort me, not distresses me. Any suggestions?

Similar Products Used: none
Jorge   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 30, 2000]
Strength:

Lightweight, comfortable

Constant hissing in background

I bought these headphones for casual use with my TV set. Although they get the job done, they leave a lot to be desired.

There is a constant hissing sound in the background, and it gets worse when another radio source is turned on.

For performance like this, I would expect to pay in the low tens of dollars, not more. Certainly not worth what they cost - They are going back to the store tomorrow.

Similar Products Used: None
todd anderson   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 16, 1999]
Strength:

comfortable ear pieces,light weight on the head

constant humming even when moved around away from other electrical sources.

i would suggest passing on these headphones because of the high pitched whine comming from them,returning and getting another pair did not help.

Similar Products Used: none
Tony   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 13, 2001]
Strength:

Comfortable

Terrible sound; lots of hissing; very difficult to get it to lock onto the broadcast source

I have had a pair of Senn HD580s for a few years, and LOVE them--they can be worn comfortably for hours (I wear them while I work) and the quality of sound is stunning. So I was very excited to discover a Senn wireless set.

But, boy, was I disappointed. The main purpose of having these is to give my wife and I the ability to watch TV without bothering each other. They get the job done, but only barely. At best, there is a low amount of hissing--at worst, there's lots. It's also hard to get the headphones to lock onto the signal. The only reason we still have them is that they do allow us to watch TV in private, and I haven't had the time to look for something better. I definitely would never use these to listen to music.

The bottom line: I'm sorry to have to post a negative review about a Senn, because I truly love the HD580s--but I can't think of any situation in which I could recommend these wireless headphones.