Sennheiser HD433 Headphones

HD433

The HD 433 is an open hi-fi stereo headphone that can be connected to both hi-fi systems and personal stereos (CDs, DATs, DCCs etc.). Excellent bass response. Ideal for rock and pop music.

Feralco   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 20, 2013]

Want to use your HD 433's for music then don't - mine are used for voice audio transcription for which they are pretty near perfect although after a few hours your ears can get numb - not that comfortable for long work stints. best thing is that you can hear people when they need to talk to you whilst you are working. Had 'em for 14 years or so - they have been used most working days during that period and the only reason I am on this site is to replace the sponge inserts.

feralco

fenster5   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 03, 2005]
Strength:

Long cord It has lasted me 2+ years

Sound quality is poor on all accounts

Picked this up as a budget headphone while in college, and decided on the 433 due to the Sennheiser brand and lighter weight. They sound very tinny and fuzzy to me. Very skimpy on the low end as well. When listening at higher volumes (which I generally do), they sound almost grating to me. Very displeased with the product overall. The only upshot is the workmanship (held up admirably for the 2 years that I've had them) and the longer cord. But even at the price I paid, this is a non-deal.

Similar Products Used: Yamaha RH5MA Sennheiser HD202 Sennheiser HD433 Koss UR20
jcambero   Audio Enthusiast [Oct 09, 2002]
Strength:

NONE!

HUGE earpads, SUPER Noisy, ZERO bass, SUPER long cable...

After my Sony MDR-50's started crumbling down (the earpads mostly) I started looking for a pair of headphones. I usually come here and read reviews before buying so I did. I thought that for the most part people were satisfied with these headphones so I went ahead and got them. All I can say is that they are a total waste of money. I wouldn't have paid one dollar for them if I had heard them before. Bass is unexistent, highs are so bad they'll make you cringe. And unless you want EVERYBODY in your office to listen your music you can't turn them UP! they are so noisy it's not even funny. Most people here in my office would ask me to turn them down and by the time I was done lowering the volume I could barely hear any music! Anyway, don't say I didn't warn you...

Similar Products Used: Sony (you would think Sennheiser is better)
George   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 05, 2002]
Strength:

good mids and highs, very durable for these inexpensive phones.

it can improve on bass response and reduce distortion at high volumes. the phones are uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time

I bought the older HD435 Manhattan model in 1997 and still use it. It definitely outlasted all the other phones that ive had in the past like Panasonic and Kenwood. The sound quality is acceptable; mids and highs are clear and pretty detailed. The bass is clean. Dont expect deep, boomy bass. My two biggest complaints are wearing them can be very discomforting and the phones can distort when you raise the volume high. If you want good sounding, long lasting phones for under 41 bucks, buy these Sennheisers.

Similar Products Used: Kenwood and Panasonic
JasonABall   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 12, 2002]
Strength:

Clear mids and highs

Non-existant bass, uncomfortable after 30 minutes

Don''t get suckered in by the Sennheiser name... I was looking for a pair of headphones for the office and saw these at Circuit City. A friend that was in the radio business recognized the brand as reputable, and they were pretty cheap, so I went ahead and bought them. Big mistake... First - the strengths. They do have a pretty clear and nice sounding mid to high range. They''re light. The cord is nice and long, and it looks like everything is put together pretty well. But using these headphones is really disappointing. The low range is really, really weak. I''m by no means an expert, so I won''t try to wow you with technical BS. The mid-low to bass in these headphones is just nowhere to be found. I tried plugging them into the headphone jack on my PC speakers, directly into the audio-out jack on the PC, and even into my receiver at home, all with the same result. I even left them playing overnight to see if a little break-in would help...No dice. Unless the break-in is more than 10 hours... What was even more disappointing to me was the comfort. The design is symmetrical, the band is pretty rigid, and the earpads are HUGE. They start to hurt my ears after about 45 minutes to the point where I have to take them off... I do wear glasses, but I don''t know if that has anything to do with it... I am now looking for another pair of headphones. I''ll probably stick with Sennheiser, but I''ll be looking a little further up the product line.

Josh   Audiophile [Oct 25, 1999]
Strength:

- Very Lightweight
- Airy Sound
- Long Cord
- Solid Bass

- Sharp Treble
- No Midband Response
- Fatiguing To Use For Long Periods
Of Time
- Price

These 'phones are very comfortable to wear, they don't pitch forward on my head, like my Philips SBC3092's. They have a fairly solid thump to the bass, and a nice bright treble. The long cord is helpful in a bedroom. Sennheiser have great box graphics, and i like the inverted style plug. These headphones have a 32 ohm impedance, and that can strain some Personals' amps. (I would not use these with any panasonic portable CD players, they dim the display). Their SEVERE lack of midband freq. response is fairly fatiguing after about 15 or so minutes, and the occasionally harsh treble makes them almost impossible to use with turntables. I got these at Leading Edge Audio for A$89.95 (about US$60)

****AUDITION WELL BEFORE BUYING****

Similar Products Used: Sennheiser HD99 c.1983
Philips SBC3092
Teac HP55
Frederick Seah   Audio Enthusiast [Nov 25, 2000]
Strength:

Bass response

Cheap look

I got this pair of headphones delivered to my office on the 22nd of Nov. Couldn't wait to get it home and plug in to my PC.

Found that the treble quality was crisp and clear while bass was quite strong.. if one wants more powerful bass, they can do so by manually enhancing the sound on their equalizers or amps.

Quite a nice looking pair of headphones but the padding and design makes it look cheap. Retail price is about $45 now, but since I got it from Coshopper.com back when they had an offer, it's $18 (plus $5 courier delivery), which is definately a killer price.

Quite suitable for techno/hip hop/house/euro/trance music but classical music sounds even better on it!

Tom   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 10, 2000]
Strength:

Sweet bass, nice overall clarity. Really opens up textured music ,brand name ,great price

A bit plain looking, cord can be a little long

I love my Sennheisers. The phones that came with my portable CD player just died so I was in the market for some earphones. I'm definantely a music enthusiast and was looking for quality. My friens has an older pair sof Senn's and his are still really good. For CND$50 (about US$30) I got a great pair of phones. My dad's Panasonics are a bit better but were much more expensive.
I LOVE MY SENN'S

Similar Products Used: Sony, Panasonic rp-ht127
Bryan   Casual Listener [Dec 14, 1999]
Strength:

Long Cord
Solid bass
Nice treble
Comfortable

Dull looks
Sound too bright
Brand name quite unknown in Singapore (can't show off hehe)

Petia, where did you get your Sennheisers? I got mine for Singapore$36 at SAFE Superstore Bishan. This is my first higher-fi headphones I own and gosh do they sound good! I've never heard such bass and treble. However the sound is really bright. However, the looks really is in bad taste - black with little holes on the driver enclosure...ugh. Well, these are relatively comfortable, however he sponge might feel quite warm. well worth it, considering the price I got it at. But the design department could really do something better than such a drab look. BTW do you need to break in this headphones i.e. leave them running for x number of hours before they sound their best?