Sennheiser HD265 Linear Headphones

HD265 Linear

Closed-design headphones

FastEd   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 10, 2002]
Strength:

No holes, every range clear and true with EQ near flat. Certain songs need a little coloring, but that''s a matter of taste.

Picky on source that you use them on.

Love Them,.... But I found out why reveiws are mixed. They are picky on what you plug them into. Absolutely incredible in all ranges including deep rich low bass, with EQ set near flat, on my Kenwood krx1000. My dad also has a pair for his keyboard, with same incredible results. Took them to a friends house to show off,.. do NOT sound good on his good quality stereo (forgot the brand, but it is better than mine). Comfortable as could be, and block out the TV and screaming babies. Big thumbs up from me,....

Jurgen   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 18, 2000]
Strength:

ideal headphone for music with a lot of bass (hiphop, house)

looks cheap

I've tested serveral headphones before i bought this one. I compared it with other Sennheiser headphones. (some cheaper and some more expensive ones)
The HD 265 gave the best bass. (I like good deep bass-tones)

A. Hebert   an Audio Enthusiast [Aug 18, 1999]

I bought these headphones two years ago and I'm very satisfied. The bass specter is ultra rich and full. There is a small lack of detail in the high specter but it must be due to the closed design compare to open-air headphones. They are at their best with rock and jazz music.
High quality product with replaceable parts (cable, drivers-magnets, ear cups).
I got a big deal for 239$CAN. These are better than my HD330 and HD530II.

A very good product for serious listeners. They are still in stock everywhere so you can still get them !!!

ed   Audiophile [Dec 07, 1999]
Strength:

un grave tres propre plein vif detaille bref magnifique
une transparance redoutable tres lineaire

un rendu mat
une attenuation des hautes frequences

le hd265 reste pour moi un des meilleurs sennheiser
car le grave est bien la et la restitution n a pas de
coloration
dommage pour sont rendu mat car il est pourtant tres vivant
est juste