NAD M51 Masters Series DACs

Available At:

NAD M51 Masters Series DACs

DESCRIPTION

Direct digital DAC 35-bit/844kHz up-sampling digital-to-analog converter operating in differential mode for precise sound ,digital audio inputs - XLR, HDMI (stereo-only audio w/video pass-through), optical, coaxial, and asynchronous USB (Type B)

USER REVIEWS

[Mar 04, 2016]
MK
AudioPhile

I genuinely wanted to love this DAC based on rave reviews. What I got instead was a DAC that sounded dull and veiled. I ended up getting a Stello U3 USB to SPDIF convertor just to try to make the DAC sound in any way interesting in my setup. In the end I gave up. This thing was lethargic and lifeless to me. I gave it a good go and spent extra improving cables and buying the Stello but still found it un-listenable. Sold it at a loss.What a shame it didn't sound as good as it looked!

[Mar 12, 2014]
Budy
Audio Enthusiast

This DAC sounds amazing. This is my 3rd DAC (Peachtree Dacit, Woo Audio WDS1) and it really stands out from my previous DAC's. This DAC has presence. There is a huge sound stage, with great definition of instrument location, however it does show up poor source material as being just that. Feed it the right material and this DAC shines a very bright light. I love listening to this DAC, it is very easy to listen to over prolonged periods. i run it through a Rotel power amp and it just sounds sooooo, good.

[Aug 22, 2013]
Gooney
AudioPhile

Nad M51 sounds like hifi. As opposed to real music, as opposed to natural. Incompatibility with my amplifier maybe, but I sure do not like. The differences between firmware are huge. The latest one sound the most hifi.