RCA CDRW121 CD Recorders/Players

CD Recorder

peter sweetman   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 17, 2011]

need transformer

Rick Rockman   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 27, 2008]
Strength:

Easy to use. Great features. Portable. Never had a problem with recording with this unit.

Very few brands of CD work (for recording) in it. Mechanically, it just didn't hold up for long.

I loved my CDRW-121. You have to use either Phillips, or Maxell Music CD-R's. This unit was fairly simple to use. The DJ mode is nice. And the manual tracking feature is awesome. But like anything that goes well, tragedy struck. After a year and a half of intense recording, the trays just decided to stop opening. Other than that, I had no problems operating it. I'd buy another one, but they've been discontinued. And are hard to find. If RCA releases a successor, it had better measure up to this one.

Similar Products Used: TDK da-3826.
Jerry Fruge, Sr.   Audio Enthusiast [Sep 20, 2007]
Strength:

The one feature I really liked is the mic input jack. I had the capability of singing while my music was being recorded to the B drive.

The recorder drive is useless.

I have two RCA cdrw121 recorders. Neither of them record. For a short while - 6 weeks - I recorded some music from my keyboard directly into the recorder. It worked beautifully. All without warning, the recorder drive would not recognize the blank disc. Yes, it takes digital audio music discs only. I've tried Memorex, Sony, Fuji and TDK disc with no success. Each one, when inserted into the B (recorder) drive, causes the "no disc" error message to display. I've tried everything I know of to remedy the problem to no avail. The A drive still plays cds beautifully, but I have a cd player that will do that. I got my second RCA CDRW121 unit out of the box and hooked it up. It worked beautifully for about 2 weeks before pulling the same stunts it's predecessor pulled. I now have2 cd players and 0 recorders. I am in the market for a replacement unit. That's how I found this website. Thanks for listening to my belly-aching.