Tamayoko Princes 4000 MKIII SE CD Players

david   an Audio Enthusiast [May 13, 1999]

cest de la merde

OVERALL
chris   an Audiophile [Mar 25, 1999]

I spent almost 2 hours playing with 10 CDs on this player. the TAMAYOKO princes 4000 MKIII SE is an integrated CD player with line amplifier. It takes line inputs as well as digital inputs. It has a volumn control knob on the front with digital displayof the volumn. It has a glass cover which can be open up manuallly. Once the CD is inplaced one call just close the cover and it will close gradually by itself.
The system include B&W 801sIII and Krell FPB600.
Simply said, TAMAYOKO princes 4000 MKIII SE is the best digital front end I have ever heard on this system. It's extermely smooth and details. All harshness and digitis on the CDs are gone. Instead I was rewarded with music. Pure music. I can listen to it whole day without fatigue. This is everything I need for a music system.
For $70 listing price I shall ever able to afford it. Is it 10 times beter than an average hi-end cd player? I don't think so. Yes, it's a great player but
I think an average hi-end cd player shall give you 80 to 90% of the TAMAYOKO princes 4000 MKIII SE For performence I will give it 5 stars. For price I will give it 5 stars.

OVERALL