Pioneer PD-F507 CD Players

PD-F507

25-Disc CD Player with Remote

Bradley Bennett   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 26, 2015]

Picked this unit up from the church that my family goes to because they quit using it. Didn't even know it worked. Got home and downloaded a manual off the internet and read over it first. Plugged it in, connected it to my stereo, put in a disc and pushed play. So far it sounds great for what it is. It sounds just as good as the 200 disc changer that I have. With all the streaming going on, having CD's is slowing down I believe. This is a perfect machine for those CD's that have songs on them that probably can't be gotten elsewhere. It's a keeper.

Ethan   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 27, 2000]
Strength:

Great usefull remote, Optical out, quick disk change, easy access to CD's

Size

A very nice unit at a very nice price. $119 at Best Buy. (not a sale price) I like the fiber out for my mini disc and I even consider the 25 disc capacity a good feature compared to the 200/300 capacity changer's out there. I like to keep track of my cd's - my friends steal!

The remote is small, and very usefull. I seem to be very prone to hit the disc up button instead of the track up button, but this is just a something I will get used to.

As far as I'm concerned - this is a great value! But if anyone does know - what is the point of the Pioneer SR interconnect system? With a CD and tape player there seems to be some value (for dubbing), but it does nothing between the reciever and the CD changer. I at least hoped that the unit could be turned off and on by the pressing the function button on the reciever. No dice.....

Similar Products Used: Sony 5 disc carosel, Technics 60+1 changer
Jason   Audiophile [Dec 18, 2001]
Strength:

Lots of Storage, Quick Load Time, Bright LCD Screen, Optical Out, Great Sound, Greater Price, Control Out/In for my other pioneer components.

Pioneer Remote

This is a great cd changer. It is a great value at $95 us. It is hooked up to my pioneer receiver and sounds great. There really is'nt alot to say about this cd changer other than it is Perfect!!

Similar Products Used: Panasonic, Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, RCA(garbage)
Ben   Casual Listener [Dec 11, 2001]
Strength:

Beautiful sound with Optical output

a little too big

Great value for what I paid ($100, shipping included). This CD player produces very good sound for a casual listener. Transport speed is reasonably fast. 25 disc capacity is the perfect size for me. The remote, although a bit small, works well.

Similar Products Used: RCA 5 disc carosel, 1st generation Sony single disc
Mike_ale   Casual Listener [Dec 29, 2001]
Strength:

Pretty fast for switching 25 disks. Clear and bright display. Remote is small and usefull(i like small remotes). Great sound.(Much better than using my sony diskman for playing my cds)

Very tall(because of vertical cd bay) and it is not as wide as my receiver(onkyo tx-sv414pro):(

This was the best buy I have made for my system yet. First I will get to the sound. I originaly had a sony diskman with line-out as my cd player.(I figured there would not by that much diff in sound and it was the last thing on my list considerint i wanted a surrond receiver, vcr, dvd, tv etc.) Wrond. On my onkyo receiver, which has 60 watts RMS a side in stero, it took a volume of 3/4!!! on my kenwood jl-717 floor speakers to match a volume of 1/4 once the 507 was installed. I couldn't believe it! The music was much clearer and the treble was much better. (And i though that they weren't loud enough) Now my tweeters are plenty loud(and clear for me)Thou new ones are in order. To get to the point, i know that any cd player ment for stero use would be better than a diskman with lineout but i would not take another cd player for now. But reviews are strong and i am hopefull. It works great, it's fast, has great features(like the best feature which allows you to choose 15 tracks from the 25 disks), and hi-lite. Great product!!!!!