Naim NA-CDS CD Players

NA-CDS

16-bit d/a, top loading

r keen   an Audio Enthusiast [Dec 27, 1997]

This is a vinyl lovers cd player. Incredible detail, very revealing, andquite free of coloring, this cd player is capable of the highest performance.
Very few things that even the best turntables can do better and certainly they can't match the dynamics. The player is a bit finicky and requires absolute leveling like a turn table and meticulously clean discs. Certainly the rest of the system must be able to take advantage of a source like this. Although I haven't heard it played with hundreds of systems, it seemed to bring out the best in the ones I have. Even some moderate sytems sound pretty good with this front end. It is marvelous, but at this price I suppose it should be.

mike   an Audio Enthusiast [Feb 11, 1998]

This is a music lovers cd player and I can only agree with the former reviewer.Proper set up is an absolute must and when this is done, ENJOY.
6 stars please!!!

Mark Mecham   an Audio Enthusiast [May 08, 1998]

Upgraded my system from Rotel to Naim CDS and made a ton of difference. Running Naim AMP 140 and B&W 801's. Very very happy with the sound. I haven't auditioned a ton of high end cd players but I'm happy with what I hear

KP   an Audiophile [Nov 15, 1998]

This is the most natural music making cd-player I've ever heard it is so alive.It really sounds like a good turntable and it operates almost like one too.
I know it is now out of production but I bought it second hand and if you have the chance, do it!