Transparent Audio The Wave Speaker Cables

USER REVIEWS

[Aug 23, 1998]
Bob
an Audio Enthusiast

Transparent works well for me. I don't notice any loss at any frequency. It is a quality piece of wire.

[May 04, 1998]
Veda
an Audio Enthusiast

The Wave is Transparent's cheapest speaker cable. Unlike other Transparent cables, this one does not include the network box. The overall build quality of this wire is average to those priced at the same range. As for the sound quality... I compared it to Kimber 4VS of the same length. The Kimber has a more neutral if flat sound. The Transparent prevails in the lower frequencies and midrange area but it seems to have filtered out most of the treble. The difference is so apparent that I converted a non believer overnight. This is typical in all Transparent interconnects so I think it's a characteristic of Transparent products. Personally I prefer the sound of the less expensive Kimber better. If you have a bright sounding SS system, you should give Transparent a try. Otherwise, it's just another good looking wire.

[Jun 02, 2001]
Charlie
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

airy, large soundstage

loss of midrange and bass, harsh

Upon the recommendation to two reputable stereo shops I installed this wire, replacing some Audioquest Indigo that was too short. After many months of listening, I'm ready to pull it out and chuck it. Currently no one listens to the system anymore it sounds so bad.

[Mar 21, 1999]
Shane Mattson
an Audiophile

Just for fun I tried 2 runs of this stuff between my Mark Levinson No.27 amplifier and Apogee Stage Loudspeakers. The Bass response was good, midrange a bit too forward and the highs were rolled off at the upper end of the frequency range. I did not do any measurement to get an exact reading at the point in which the cable rolled off the highs, nor did I even want to bother. As soon as I replaced the WAVE with Kimber 8TC it was like I took a thin blanket off of the Stage's. The previous reviewer is right, for over bright sounding systems this may help....otherwise seek other cables in this price range.