Tara Labs Prism Nexa Speaker Cables

Prism Nexa

12-gauge solid core conductors.

frp   Audio Enthusiast [Jun 17, 2003]
Strength:

Deep and clean bass, sweet and clean mids and hights.

Some may find the dynamic aspect to lack some impact.

If you look at a cable as a filter then this have to be "the mother of all filters"! The Tara Labs Prism Nexa is a cable that transform the speaker signal into a really enjoyable experience. For the price you pay I believe it's worth every penny. It produce one h*** of a bass that is both clean and very, very deep. The midrange is rock solid, allthough som my find it a little laidback but it is clean and informative. The treble is sweet and airy. I use these cables on some rather dark sounding speakers from PSB and it works like a dream. Some use the phrase "floating on air" about this speaker cable and that is exactly what it's all about. It seems like the music is just floating around in the listening room and that in a very enjoyable manner. Be aware that these cables need some burn in time and remember to listen to them before you buy them,- some may feel they lack dynamic if used in a bright sounding system.....

Similar Products Used: Kimber, Supra, Dali
Michael   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 15, 2002]
Strength:

Great detail, smooth sound, nice bass definition, price

None that I can find yet

This was my first upgrade into the realm of "real" speaker wire and I was looking for a wire that I wouldn't have to blow hundreds of dollars on. I have a pair of KEF Q60 bookshelves that are bi-wirable but I'd been using a single run of regular old Rat Shack 12 guage wire for years. Finally, I decided to upgrade and the TARA Nexa wire seemed a great, almost cheap way to go. I bought enough wire to bi-wire both speakers, soldered on some TARA spade terminations, and hooked up my Q60's to my Marantz SR-5200 amp.

Wow.

Can I say that again?

Wow.

For only about $100 I felt like I had bought a whole new system. The Nexa really brought out details that I had never heard before and made my Q60's sound incredible. They even started putting out a nice, smooth, almost rich bass sound that I'd never heard them do before. It was great! I could hear the soft click of a pick on acoustic guitar tracks, singers taking breaths in between lines, and all sort of soft transient sounds that the Rat Shack cables had been obscuring and I just never knew it. And this only after 20 or so hours of burn-in time! I'm anticipating it'll sound even better after a couple of weeks of use.

The TARA Nexa wire is a great way to bust into higher end speaker cables without breaking the bank. Buy some. You won't be disappointed. If you already own a more expensive, higher grade wire, then don't bother with this wire. But if you're looking to upgrade from the lamp wire or plain old Home Depot wire, go with the Nexa.

Similar Products Used: Radio shack 12awg
Malcolm Druid   Audiophile [Jul 27, 2000]
Strength:

appealing warmth and subtlety

dynamic range, rolls off extremem treble.

Bass seems to float on a cushion of air. Sounds creamy and polished, very sweet and enjoyable.

Similar Products Used: Nordost 4 Flat
Jacob   Audiophile [May 24, 2001]
Strength:

Warmth, details, shielded, price.

Dynamics and high volumes.

I use a pair of these cables with my Dali 5005 loudspeakers, and I'm very pleased with them. They deliver a sweet, warm, cozy and intresting sound that brings out details from the "fog". They are pretty cheap, only $10 for one metre, so if your loudspeakers have the ability to be bi-wired, I really recommend you to buy a double set of them. They are shielded, but not so very big and fat that shielded speakercables tend to be. An intresting cable for a price that makes it available for many.

Similar Products Used: Crystal+ bi-wire.