Synergistic Research Synergy QUAD 4 Speaker Cables

Synergy QUAD 4

Speaker Cables

Mike   an Audiophile [Sep 06, 1999]

I'm almost positive these cables are the same as Speaker 1000, but the bag said Quad 4CL so I'm not sure, but...
What I am sure about is the way these cables affected my system. I purchased these for my home theatre setup, but I decided to give them a shot on my music system too. As far as music goes, these cables simply suck. I played them continuously for a week to break them in and it seems to have done nothing except take a tiny (I mean very tiny) edge off the distorted treble this cable produced right out of the bag. The soundstage collapsed to about half of what it used to be, the imaging is poor, and the treble is so distorted that it sounds like the tweeter is going to explode. The music seems to flow out, and out, no spreading around. This cable is also very forward.

Don't waste your money on Synergistic. For the same price buy Kimber and get a real cable!

Music system consists of Anthem Int1, Dynaudio Contour 1.3, CAL Delta/Sigma, Kimber D-60, XLO Ultra 12 speaker cables.

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved. and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network: | | | |