Belkin PureAV Silver Series Bulk Speaker Wires Speaker Cables

PureAV Silver Series Bulk Speaker Wires

CL3-rated for safe in-wall installation. They feature hybrid-conductor technology and 99.9997% oxygen-free, PCOCC, solid-core conductors for maximum sonic accuracy.

machani   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 30, 2007]

Tonally very transparent sounding. Extremely detailed without sounding harsh. Excellent vocals, mid range presence, soundstage and imaging. Well articulated mid-bass definition and controlled deep bass.

Not very easy to terminate. Search for my post in the AudioAsylum dot com (cable forum) to find an easy way to strip and terminate the cable.

Also there is very slight veiling compared with more expensive cable. I think this is due to the thick PVC outer jacket.

Bought this cable in bulk form just to try out the sound of PC-OCC (Pure Crystal by Ohno Continuous Cast) on the cheap. Previously I was using DH Labs T14 and Q10 in external bi-wire configuration with my Quad 22Ls.

I must say that the hype associated with OCC copper is pretty accurate. Due to lack of crystal grain boundaries, all the hash associated with regular oxygen free copper is removed giving silky smooth and hyper detailed sound, without adding harshness. The sound is timberally more accurate than the DHLabs Q10 and it does a better job of articulating the midrange than the Q10. Mid bass is very controlled, although it looses some of the punch the Q10 has.

There is a very slight and barely noticeable high-frequency roll off compared with DHLabs T14. This may simply be due to the fact that there is no HF glare (possibly added by the silver in the T14). Cymbals otherwise sound pretty accurate.

I am now using the Belkin PureAv only for my LF terminals with T14 going to HF (in external biwire configuration). This combination works very well in my setup for now.

I am looking to upgrade to one of those AudioQuest DBS cables (CV-4 or CV-6) which, by all accounts, removes veiling altogether.

Customer Service

Customer service from Provantage is awesome. I recommend ordering from them!