AudioQuest Jumper Cables Speaker Cables

Jumper Cables

James Fields   an Audio Enthusiast [Nov 23, 1997]

OK - so you've gone out and bought the best components, speakers, and cables that you can afford and your system is sounding as good as it's gonna get, right? Well, if your system includes an integrated amp or a receiver with pre-out and main in connections then the answer is most decidedly WRONG! I am about to reveal to you the AUDIO BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY! I am speaking, of course, of the little $40 miracle called the AudioQuest Jumper cable. These 4" cables are made of AQ's Functionally Perfect Silver and sound like nothing I've ever heard before. The improvement extended up and down the entire frequency spectrum - there is no part that was not improved drastically. Sweet highs, warm and lifelike midrange, tight controlled bass and an extended soundstage were amongst the benefits that these little gems provided - so do yourself a favor and run, don't walk, to your nearest AQ dealer and pick up a pair - you'll thank me later.

Nahush   Audiophile [May 04, 2000]
Strength:

Solid RCA termination

No shielding (theoretically, none needed for such a short run)

I replaced the stock U clips about 4 months ago with these Jumper cables. I'll be honest, it didn't turn my system around; however, I submit that at this point, there can only be subtle improvements short of revamping the whole thing. It did add some detail in the higher frequencies which I did not have before. It is a cheap ($30-40) improvement for any system and will likely have a greater effect on some systems that others.

Similar Products Used: u-clips with receiver
billy jose   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 01, 2000]

i bought 'em and will never take' em out of those plugs slots of my silver nad amp
with interconnests once burned in there was nothing else missing in the sound
but BE CAREFULL
buy only original aq atuff
many dealers make them by themselves and use some copper etc . . .and that spoils the fun!!
bil

JP   an Audiophile [May 18, 1998]

I bought these cables because the build quility looked better than the Tara Labs Missing Links I was using.
After I brought them home and burned them in for 50 hours, I started to do some critical listening. Somthing was missing? They didn't seem to have the clarity, openness or detail of the Tara Labs Missing Link. Little things I had noticed before in my music were missing.

After listening for several days, I ended up putting the Missing Link back in and the sound re-appeared.

Granted these are better than the cheap metal/plastic jumpers that come with your system. But they are not as refined as the Tara Labs. I give the Tara Labs "Missing Link" a 5 out of 5! The AudioQuest might get a 2.5 or 3.

Ben S.   an Audio Enthusiast [Jul 21, 1999]

These things really do make a difference. Bass was much tighter, and highs were more detailed. I got mine for about $30, and they were worth every penny.

Smokey   an Audiophile [Oct 06, 1999]