Alpha-Core Sapphire Speaker Cables

Sapphire

Flat silver interconnects

chinman   AudioPhile [May 30, 2002]
Strength:

clarity, dynamics, detail, not nearly as bright as other silver interconnects

none at all

These cables are nothing short of superb w/ my Krell equipment. From build quality to detail, the euphoric life like imaging and clarity is tough to beat for the price. Contemplating Cardas Golden Cross, but I don't think they are worth 2.5x-3x the money (used). There is science behind these cables, which one cannot deny when they hear what they hear. Huge bargain in the used market. MY HT: http://www.geocities.com/chinje2000/ht.htm

Martin Leach   Audiophile [Jan 14, 2000]
Strength:

Blistering Undaunting Speed, formidable by any measure

lull in lower midrange/upper midbass region

These babies made my Maggies sound as fast as true-ribbons instead of the quasis that they are. It was very tempting to use them, but the loss of bass harmonics & depreciation of baratone male vocals was disconcerting. [3-stars]

However, I figured their speed was best implemented where it was required .... digital. WOW! Talk about data transfer. The grain vanished & black is much blacker now, instead of my previous silver digital cable. I thought I'd miss the shielding but haven't thus far. [5-stars]

Similar Products Used: Audio-Magic:Excaliber_II,Spell_Caster_II,Sorcerer

Goertz:Micro-Purl
MAZIERES Bruno   an Audiophile [Nov 12, 1998]

I bought my Sapphire before its test by the french audiophile review "Diapason".And now, I can say that they were right!
I never heard such a speaker for its size and its price. They work with a SANSUI
AUX 911 DG amplifier, a ONKYO INTEGRA DX 5700 CD Player and an ONKYO T 4311 Tuner.I use STANDESIGN stands and MONSTER cable.
And each time,whatever the music, it's the same thing: clarity, dynamics,natural sound.In a single word: life!
I would like to meet other owners of Sapphire to share their feelings. Have nice listenings!

Grant   an Audiophile [Jan 30, 1999]

The Essence Sapphire monos were created by their designer to solve the "problems" he felt their to be with most solid state amplifiers , that being an unnaturally dry presentation , and a lack of timbral and tonal accuracy . The essence line of solid state amplification is virtually indistinguishable from a high quality tube amp design ,it's midrange is as lush and rich, with full tonal color ,and a naturalness unmatched in solid state designs . At the frequecy extremes it reveals its true nature in that it extends to create powerful dynamic contrast and is cabable of powering through even the toughest speaker loads . One of THE finest amplifiers on the market . It should be, at its price point . Absolutley a 5 star product .

an Audiophile [Sep 27, 1999]

Simply some of the smoothest and clearest interconnects you are gonna hear. Highs are airy. Mids are smooth, liquid. Lows are tight. Compare these to any interconnect before you buy. I havent heard the very expensive Nordost SPM interconnects, but I have read that the Sapphires sound better. I paid $425 for a 1.0 meter and 0.5 meter set of Sapphires, and I feel that they were worth every penny. Obviously you need good associated equipment to hear the difference. You may not hear the difference on a Radioshack Optimus rack system.My rig:
B&W Matrix 804's (If you haven't heard "B&W sound", go out and hear some!)
Llano A200-C power amp (incredible amp--"llanodesign.com")
Llano Concerto tube preamp (I love this preamp.)
Rega Planet cd player (It will spoil you.)
Alpha-core MI2 biwire w/silver spades (top notch cables at a terrific price.)

I highly recommend any of the components in my system.

Art Altman   Audiophile [Dec 04, 1999]
Strength:

Fast, clean, airy highs, tight clean bass, has the speed of silver without the graininess often associated with silver

That lovely hint of warmth in the mids might be a tad euphonic. I'm really stretching to think of a weakness here.

This is an excellent cable and an extremely good value compared to others on the market.

Similar Products Used: Nordost Quattrofil, SPM, Red Dawn; Cardas Golden Cross; many cheaper cables