Acoustic Zen S-1080 Satori Speaker Cables

S-1080 Satori

An incrementally layered, multiple strand, non-extruded, pure "zero crystal" copper cable designed for amplified signal delivery in perfect phase with absolute spectral and tonal coherence; we believe there is none better: state of the art speaker cables that attain extraordinary imaging, ambient detail, and soundstage palpability.

fjoggedelic   Audio Enthusiast [Aug 04, 2010]

Iv`e have tried these cables for now a week or so, and in the meantime iv`e ahd tries a lot of different cables, most of them 3-4 times the price, and i keep returning to the Satori. I`m looking for a "clean" cable that does not colour the music too much, and with great dynamics, and this is what i found in the Satori. Some of the other cables iv`e tried (Dyrholm, Lavardin), whwre either to much laid back or to much forward, but the Satori is right inbetween them all. I think i`m gonna buy these cables, otherwise i will chead my self. Tommorow i`m gonna try Harmonic pro 9 ref, and it`s gonne be at tight match, i`m thinking. iv`e had read exelent reviews of both of the cables, so i will lather on put a comment on wich cable i bought?

krypton   AudioPhile [Jun 18, 2007]
Strength:

A jem. After installing and burned in, nothing can take their job to deliver music with such correct pitch, air, flaw, body, height and dimensionality as far as your gear can. Perfect bass tone and definition, wide open mids, transparent and less glare,edge and dirt than any other cable I tried.

Nothing at all.

This is by far the best speaker cable I found after long time searching in the abyss of speaker cables. Also, my current reference . After re-installing many medium to very costly cables in my all tube system, I found nothing that compares with the dimensionality, focus, coherence, height, realism and stunning resolution of Satoris. They deliver the music and specific the bass and mids with such focus, resolution, clarity, bass definition and attack, bass ‘air’ together with ‘correct bass pitch, attack and outline of notes’. Music flow and ultra-open and correctly detailed midrange meets tremendous transparency without any ‘lean’, 'cold' or ‘bright’ character, maintaining a perfect blend of full bodied sounds of f.e. guitars or vocal presence (unbelievable in those areas) and harmonic richness with great amount of air and less distortion. When listening to violins those cables are doing exemplary job – none bettered them. You feel the violin’s ‘breath’ and response with oozes of details inside a coherent and grainless soundstage almost unbelievable. High frequencies are perfectly delivered, velvety without any offence but very detailed. Its impossible to think other than Satoris (single run or shotgun) as my personal reference. They bettered any other cable I tried .They are probably the best cable out there for rock or hard rock lovers –due to focus and bass definition- and (strangely best of both worlds) for classical lovers –due to grainless character, full bodied, clarity and ambience air. Jazz fans will not believe that finally the bass,piano and singer came in their hall for a live so believable .....just installing a cable! None bettered them. The word refined, full bodied and grainless character are not synonymous with inability to sound ‘alive’,’spectacular’ or ‘too polite’ in this case. The singers and guitarists became more alive, more transparent with more height, less grain and edge. Opera hall’s transperancy was remarkable. Drums and bass attack sounded like real with unparallel realism compared with any other cable I tried. (I read somewhere about Holograms even more refined character (?!!) but I have to try them to believe).

Similar Products Used: Many
demos100   AudioPhile [Jul 22, 2006]
Strength:

With the right amount of 'punch' , the Satoris reproduce the perfect bold,rich but very alive soundstage with the blackest background and an almost unheared precision of the placing of instruments together with richness plus the sweetest and most neutral mid & higher frequencies . A glorious uncolored midband and real-tight-correct bass (like the bassist is finally with you), tremendous dynamics (listen to symphonies again) and the most beautiful higher freqs. for a speaker cable. Noise-free in all spectrum areas without affecting the immediancy or air thats almost impossible to believe. Its an absolute refence and statement in speaker cables regardless price.

Any other cable I listened had flaws. This - I dare to say - is amazing. For me there is not a flaw. Its my reference speaker cable. Nothing less than the best in the market.

I tried many cables between my beloved reference amplifier, Jadis Orchestra Reference KT90Ei equipped and my also beloved Proac speakers. Many of them did a very good job (like Cardas) and some of them didn't justify even for the half of the retail price. From the Cardas family I kept and use the one and only Golden Reference interconnect that I believe none is better or I didn't heared any better in my system.
I read for Acoustic Zen's Satori in Stereophile & Soundstage.com and since I have a huge respect for Acoustic Zen brand I tried the cable. I have to admit that I had never owned a better cable , its THE reference cable at any price category. Im so enthusiatic because I cannot find a fault.
First of all, this cable is absolutely neutral sounding - it does nothiing to the signal fed, it doesn't color the sound at all. Add to the world-class neutrallity a world-class cohesion from top-to-bottom that is making this cable mayby the best high-end audiophile cable. And how is this possible ? Simple, the cable -compared to many $$$$$ otherrs- have the lowest distortion and noise free delivery of signal to the speakers. Its a wonder. The best high frequencies I ever heared of, smooth and rich like f.e. real-life violins at the concert hall and absolutely neutral ,without a hint of annoying noise that adds character (and sometimes audible distortion) or somethimes 'opens' more air on top. Some cables that sounds more open on top mayby sound thin, uneven with the rest of freq. band, colored or generalizing the higher notes of stringed instruments. NOTHING goes wrong with A.Z. Satori. Going lower to the glorious midband, it is the most neutral , rich , well defined , pure and correct placed midrange that is locked with the rest of the spectrum. In this point I have to say that the soundstage depth, height, precision and detail is so realistic,correct & cohehent in a way I never thought is possible to expect from a speaker cable. Dynamically, its so gorgeous that I have to listen and re-experiance again all Haydn,Mozart and Beethoven symphonies but also all my Jazz and Heavy Rock CDs from AC/DC to I.Maiden. Last but not least, the bass that the cable is carrying is a miracle. Rich and bold (like the rest of the spectrum) with unbelievable focus and real-to-life clarity. Stunning. With the right amount of 'punch' , the Satoris reproduce the perfect soundstage with the blackest background, sweet but neutral highs & mids and real-tight-correct bass. Every bass note is heared without melting and thats very hard for a speaker cable dealing with tubes - a great bravo to Jadis here.
Finally , sorry for my English and errors that mayby appears in my review. Just buy the cable - it is one of the rare, top of the A class category cables.

Similar Products Used: Many.
NY1PR2002   AudioPhile [Nov 03, 2005]
Strength:

Bass Response, Tonality, Clarity, Neutrality, Terrific Sounstage. Very Detailed Speaker Cables.Great Transparency. One of the best Speaker cables Out There Regarding price

None At All.

This review is for the Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun in 10ft.I was convinced that after using my previous speaker cables ( Acoustic Zen Hologram II)there was no need to search for more speaker cables. Wow!! Was I wrong. Don't get me wrong, Hologram II are great speaker cables but since I have purchased new speakers with "multi-drivers" Mr. Lee at Acoustic Zen adviced me that using the Satori Shotgun Speaker cables will bring out a more subtle and neutral sound from my speakers. I have to say that Mr. Robert Lee at Acoustic Zen is one of the most knowlageble cable makers in the industry.By telling him what your system consists of he will be able to tell you exactly what is the best cable for your system. The Satori Shotgun are Remarkable cables. After a 100+ hours of break in time I sat down to carefully listen to these cables. My first impression was that the Bass was Quicker,Tighter and very well Defined.You can really hear all the instruments in a very natural and clear way that if you close your eyes for a few seconds you may think that you are sitting next to the Soundstage.The Highs and Lows work together in such a perfect Tonality that you can hear every piece of instrument in a band or concert without loosing any detail or transparency in the music. The Harmonic Structure of the music has been much more improve over the Hologram II cables and trust me the Hologram II are great Speaker cables as well. The Satori Shotgun are such great cables that in many magazine reviews have been compare to the Nordost Valhalla and in some of those reviews they have been rated higher that the Nordost. Do yourself a favor and give these cables a try. I am very confident that you will not be disappointed and probably you will also be writing a review about these cables.These cables provide all of the aspects in sound that Audiophiles search for in Speaker cables but only those limited few can offer. The Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun are one of the Best Speaker cables out there regardless of price. They are here to stay in my system for years to come unless Mr. Lee at Acoustic Zen makes another set that may be an upgrade to the Satori's. and only then I will change, !whoops" I meant Upgrade because my complete Audio/Video System Only uses Acoustic Zen Cables.

Similar Products Used: Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II Acoustic Zen Matrix Reference II( Upgraded Version) Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun 10ft. Acoustic Zen MC2-Zen Digital Cable Acoustic Zen Silver Bystes Digital Cable Acoustic Zen Silver Photon. My System; Parasound Halo C2 Processor Musical Fidelity A308Cr 24bit Cd Player Sony SCD-XA777ES SACD/CD Multi Chanel Denon DVD-3910 Universal DVD Player Parasound Halo A21 Stereo 2Channel Amp. Parasound Halo A51 5 Channel Amp. Monster HTS 5100 Power Conditioner
muzz777   AudioPhile [Dec 12, 2004]
Strength:

everything for the money

none

Value! There is no better cable for the money! sounstage, macro and microdynamics, tonal cohesion, bass definition. I demoed these cables and loved them so much that I bought them for one of my cheaper systems. If you doubt this review, then go listen for yourself!

Similar Products Used: straight wire, audioquest, monster, harmonic technology, siltech, kimber, nordost, liberty and some others
Andy767   Casual Listener [Apr 10, 2004]
Strength:

Competent across the frequency spectrum. Low noise. High quality of Product Construction, packaging and termination-top notch.

Cable packaging slightly too solid in construction and rather bulky, leading to an inflexible cable.

I think there are many ways to put a system together and I have aimed for a system for AUS$10,000 that was balanced and highly capable for all types of music. The Acoustic Zen Satori has been a competent performer in my system. I use a musical fidelity A3.2 amplifier and Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE speakers. These mid-stream, hi-fi components are not the last word in sound reproduction but I feel an overwhelming sense of value with the Satori in place. Acoustic Zen have left little room for improvement in my system short of replacing a core component. The Chord Odyssey I previously used was no slouch. It performs admirably well with the Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE. With my other speakers the AUS$700 Krix Equinox there is no perceived difference between the two cables. On the AUS$5000 Contours the Sartori provide an added depth of quiet and increased perception of minute details. I recommend this product for anyone attempting to start out in hifi to build a balanced audio system. Personal tastes and preferences aside I believe the Acoustic Zen Satori provides a clean and honest sound rich in detail and tonal purity.

Similar Products Used: Chord Odyssey, Monster Cable XP
Q-surf   AudioPhile [Feb 14, 2002]

Replaced Audioquest Crystals with a used 8’ pair of these after much research. This proved to be the most dynamic improvement from any upgrade I''ve ever done under $1000. All my familiar music now has prodigious amounts of new detail being unveiled. I can hear why many have chosen these as their reference cables, because in addition to how musical they sound, they are extremely honest and revealing about upstream changes in components and interconnects. I am getting hair-raising detail, attack speed, smoothness, and harmonic balance from these. Martin Logan CLSIIz fullrange stat panels (5 stars) Legacy dual 12 sub Adcom 5800 amp Denon DA2500 pre Cambridge Audio D500 cd (growing on me) Homegrown Audio Silver Strand interconnects (5 stars)

Mike   Audiophile [Jul 21, 2001]
Strength:

Use an audiophile adjective and these cables have it in spades. Music sounds sooo pure through these cables.

None in my system

Over the past couple years, I have had the opportunity to try many different cables in my system. Acoustic Zen cables are the best I have come across, and not by a small margin. They have easily beaten others in my system that cost 4 times as much. I listen to more music now than I ever have, and the only change has been the cables. A must hear!

Similar Products Used: Harmonic Technology, Nordost, Cardas, Analysis Plus, just to name a few.
Johnny Reans   Audiophile [Jul 04, 2001]
Strength:

Very large soundstage,quiet,cost!

Kind of stiff,hard to work with.

Just bought these cables,only had them 2 weeks.These are much more musical than the Nordost Blue Heaven and more transparent than the Monster m series cables i was previously using.Compared to Air 2,simiular sound,but at less than half the price.If you are looking for a great sounding cable at a excellent price,this is it!!!