LAT International IC-200 Mark II Interconnect Interconnect Cables

IC-200 Mark II Interconnect

Analog Interconnect

Joseph   AudioPhile [Jun 04, 2014]

Excellent interconnects for their dead neutral and musical sound. I have found that with my system consisting of all Lat Int. cables that my system has never sounded better and my upgrade fever has finally been tamed.

DVJ   AudioPhile [Nov 07, 2010]

Bought a pair second hand on ebay for 100 GBP. Absolutely blown away with the performance/cost ratio. They easily match the quality of the Chord Signatures I was using prior. I have only given them 4 stars simply becuase I have since bought a pair of their IC300 interconnects and they are just mind blowing. I have been playing around with Hi-Fi for nearly 40 years and believe me these cables are very very exceptional value. If you can afford them do not hesitate.

For - Really very exceptional value

Against - IC300 is even better

stakkall   AudioPhile [Dec 31, 2005]
Strength:

Imaging, Clarity, Sonic Proportionality.

Nothing detected from this end-user.

These beautiful cables merit consideration for their ability to adequately balance clarity, staging, and sonic proportionality. They exhibit ultra high-end imaging with a beautiful sense of instrumental proportionality: The LATs do not grossly bloat the composition from its original intent. The relatively long and circuitous route from entry-level connects to those labelled "some of the world's best" and now to the LATs proved fruitful. This listener is less naive and can better discriminate between the necessary and the sufficient: discounting wireless technologies, traditional cabling is necessary to reproduce sound, but the LAT IC200 MKIIs suffice amidst an elctrostatic with analog front-end setup.

Similar Products Used: N/A: Out of respect to LATs competitors in the ultra high-end arena.
Jaeson   AudioPhile [Nov 02, 2003]
Strength:

Affordable Compares with the best

Too inexpensive to be taken seriously by the usual audiophile crowd. Haven't seen any reviews in the usual audiophile mags.

Let me begin by saying how much I dislike the cable industry in spite having a system that costs five-figures. I have felt from time I began listening to high-end audio 15years ago that the high-end cable market is exceedingly overblown and overpriced for what is given to the customer. Asking a consumer to spend $3000 on piece of wire in a standard plastic/rubber shealth is insulting. You can assemble an entire sound system for that much (albeit a modest one). This LAT cable is truly a bargain and finds itself connected between the Proceed AVP2 MkII and a pair of Mark Levinson 33H in my system. Most people might dismiss the LAT cable out of hand due to its modest price. But I can assure that it performs splendidly. I also own hideously expensive Transparent Audio cables and feel that the LAT is comparable.

Similar Products Used: Transparent Audio Quest Madrigal Kimber Vampire Straight Wire Nordost XLO MIT
Bob Granger   AudioPhile [Mar 25, 2002]
Strength:

Smooth and fast! Wonderful harmonic and timbre accuracy

None I could find

I use only one interconnect in my system; from a Rega Planet CD player to a Krell integrated amp. I did own the Cardas GR Golden Reference and an Analysis Plus Silver Oval interconnects. I always felt that neither one was providing me with the correct timbre and harmonics. I found my self continually switching them back and forth every couple of weeks. But, those cables just couldn’t get it right! Very frustrating. Enter LAT International, the savior. This was the jaw dropper! I was amazed at what it did. Transformed the dull, flat sound the former two were dishing out into the closest thing to Nirvana. The LAT has smoothness and speed; and slam when the recording calls for it. There is no artificial mid range emphasis and slam that the Cardas, Analysis Plus and some others I have tried have. Truly an outstanding cable. It is also beautiful and professionally made. No “chintzy” mesh and heat shrink tubing used as does the Analysis Plus. It would pay you to check out the latinternational.com web site Cable Hype page where they reveal good info on problems with mesh and other hand made cable problems. I am very happy that the LAT was recommended to me, and even happier I tried it. I am much impressed at how it puts me into the music far better than the Cardas and Analysis Plus did; both of which cost me hundreds of dollars more! Dollars that could have been spent on CDs if I had heard about LAT sooner.

Similar Products Used: Analysis Plus Oval and Cardas GR Golden Reference
Chris Larson   AudioPhile [Feb 25, 2002]
Strength:

Smooth as silk with an honest presentation of what is coming from your source component.

none

If you are one of those audiophiles who believe that if you don’t spend at least $800 to $1,000.00, or more for a one meter interconnect, your not getting the best available, then don’t bother reading any further. In the case of this L A T International interconnect, don’t let the price fool you. This, without any question in my mind, is the best interconnect I have ever heard. I wanted to up-grade my interconnects but wanted to first audition as many as I could before making a decision. I work in a high end audio shop where, on Mondays our slowest day, I am able to audition high-end equipment including cables. I compared this Lat cable against some of the highest priced interconnects on the market including top of line models from brands such as Transparent, MIT, Siltech, Synergistic Research, Nordost and Kimber. All I audition were “big ticket” models. I won’t write out the details of comparisons with every cable I auditioned. I will with two; the $2100.00 Transparent Reference Music Link and the $1300.00 Kimber Select KS 1300. The Lat has bass that is tight. Highs are detailed and crystal clear with no trace of fatiguing brightness. It is neutral throughout the entire frequency range, without favoring any part of it. The weakest points of the Transparent compared against the Lat are the lack of slam, and not as transparent and open. The Kimber provided less detail resolution and less tonal accuracy. I can’t honestly say that either the Kimber or Transparent equaled any aspect of comparison to the Lat with the possible exception of the Transparent that had good balance over the full frequency range. All in all however, the Lat beat out all of the cables I compared it to in overall performance, and we are talking big dollars versus the $249.00 retail price of the Lat. (Because I am in the business, I was able to get it for $230.00). All of the cables I compared it to are prestigious and many were highly touted by reviewers, but all fell short under the acid test of comparison. Again, best interconnect I have ever heard. I very strongly recommend to anyone in the market for interconnects to audition this one. It is a real “steal” at that price. L A T gives you 45 days to audition with a full refund if you want to return it. You might want to check out their web site at latinternational.com, they give you the straight story on the hype in the cable business

Similar Products Used: Transparent, MIT, Siltech, Synergistic Research, Nordost and Kimber
Harrry   Audiophile [May 28, 2001]
Strength:

Their best strength is the fact that they have a relatively low price, yet they beat out every other Interconnect we compared them to; and I am talking about the top of the line “sky rocket priced” models from Transparent, Kimber, Cardas Nordost and Harmonic Technology.

None, except that they are too cheap. The manufacturer is missing out on lots of bucks. They could easily sell for what the top dollar models of those other high end companies I mentioned sell for.

I purchased them on the recommendation of a friend. He had just stepped up from the model IC-200-D to the newer IC-200 Mk II. He raved about them so much I had to try them. Nothing to lose with their 45 day money back guarantee. I had been using two pairs of Harmonic Technology model Magic One ($700 for one meter) and was quite satisfied with them, until I heard the L A T cables. When IC-200 Mk II were burned in (after about 80 hours of burn in). They suddenly came to life. Wow! Did they ever come to life. They are super fast and reveal detail on the recording you never knew was there. But it is not the kind of etched detail that is sometimes annoying. But rather the detail they bring out is as smooth as silk. The sound stage width and depth was far greater than all those we compared them to. Your walls seem to expand out and back. It’s like being in spacious concert hall or an intimate nightclub depending on what’s on the recording. Yes, you get what’s on the recording- all of it – nothing more, nothing less. There is no artificial hyping up of treble or mid range “in your face” that you get from DH Labs and Tributaries. They do get some getting used to if you have been listening to cables in your system that are not accurate. If you are looking for tone control cables theses are not it. Imaging is precise. You can pin point the location of just about every musician on a recording, if the recording wasn’t botched by an inept mixing engineer. We also compared them to the pricey Transparents, Kimber Select, Cardas and my friend’s Nordost Quattro Fill Reference costing $1400.00. Not one, not even the $1400.00 Nordorsts beat out the IC-200 MK II. They all sounded a little different but the Nordosts came closest to the LAT. Actually I would probably call it a tie but at $189.00 compared to $1400.00 what would you do?? I don’t own the Nordosts but, needless to say when I bought the IC-200 MK II, the $700.00 Harmonic Technology interconnects went bye bye!! You can get info on their construction at their web site latinternational.com

Similar Products Used: Harmonic Technologies ($700.00 a meter !!!)
Harvey Fiorella   Audio Enthusiast [Jul 04, 2001]
Strength:

Completely neutral from top to bottom. Treble to deep bass.

Not enough dealers carry it in my area, I had to buy it through LAT, but no problem, they give your 45 days to try their product- If it does not suit your system, you get your money back.

First, this is one beautiful cable. Transparent blue outside sheath with high quality construction and expensive looking locking connectors. I don’t how they do it at that price. The also use a proprietary conductor that they call Silverfuse which they say is a fusing of silver and copper into an alloy- not silver clad. See their web site. They talk more about it there. The site address is latinternational.com The sound of this cable matches its looks. I was floored when I put it into my system. The sound stage opened up considerably from what it was with my Harmonic Technologies Magic One. Inner detail is superb. It creates a bloom and imaging that comes oh so close to what I hear at live concerts. We all know that no cable no matter how good, can sound like the real thing. But this L A T Intl. Cable comes a close as any cable I have listened to. It is very musical and it is super fast! The timbre is right on. In fact everything is right about this cable. It is absolutely accurate in reproducing what is on my sources – that includes CD and Vinyl. I had been auditioning a lot of high priced cables against the LAT to make up my mind. Harmonic Technologies are good but they do not have the wide and deep soundstage, openness and accuracy that the LAT has. I found Wire World to be excellent, but overall not quite up to the LAT. Straight Wire is definitely too bright. The Kimber models I compared, regardless of their price, while some were accurate, they all lacked dynamics. Cardas I think is highly over rated especially for the price. MIT and Transparent Audio have those boxes on their cable that I think are a crutch they use to try and cure some ills, but I find that they only causes distortion. I am a firm believer as are many other audiophiles that the less there is in the signal path the better. I am sure that’s one reason why the LAT sounds so clean and so open. I am real happy I decided to audition the IC-200 Mk II. Now I can relax and enjoy the music.

Similar Products Used: Cardas -Straight Wire -Wire World -MIT -Harmonic Technologies
Brian Miller   Audio Enthusiast [Jan 28, 2002]
Strength:

They are an excellent product all the way around, especially at their prices in comparison to others. In actuality, LAT's price is where others should be!

As the price is a strength, it "could" be a weakness, as they may get overlooked. (Not really a weakness of the product.)

I compared this to a JPS Superconductor 2. As is discussed by many in Audio circles, system synergy seems to be quite important; I put that disclaimer first because my comments reflect my system, which I will list at the bottom. I was comparing the cables between the preamp and amp.

The LAT quite easily beat the JPS SC2 from top to bottom, lows, mids and highs. I enlisted the help of my wife and she agreed 100%.

The LAT had a greater soundstage, with the JPS more forward and in your face; I found the same thing to be true when comparing their speaker cables. My wife was sitting off to the side and she said with the LAT the music carried out further past the speaker. I was sitting in the center and could also easily hear the difference as well.

The timbre of the LAT was much better with the JPS. The LAT was more pleasing and accurate; the JPS were deader sounding than the LAT.

I am very impressed with the LAT interconnects; at $189 they easily outperformed the $699 JPS in my system.

Forgive me for not having the correct audio lingo. In a nut shell, it was very easy for both of us to choose the LAT over the JPS Super 2’s. I had been using the JPS for a couple months, plus they were used, so they were fully broken in. LAT recommends 100 hours of break in time, I am not sure if they had reached that at the time of the comparison.

A five star rating means you are happy all the way around with a product, actually according to the description rating you are beyond happy, which is what I am with these; the quality is top notch as well. I hope I have given enough information as I feel you have to sometimes take these reviews with a grain of salt. The more reviews and information can help you come to an accurate conclusion.

(On a side note, as an example of people getting different results, there is a review on here under LAT IC-200 D where the person said they replaced all their LAT with Coincident, although they praised the LAT. I have used a Coincident cable and found it a decent cable but it to be laid back. I have no idea if the difference between the Mark II and Mark D is dramatic or not, but from my experience, I would easily choose the LAT over the Coincident, but bear in mind that I did not do a head-to head with these.)

My system during this comparison:
Moscode 300 amp (Heavily modified by Stephan Sank)
Hovland HP-100 preamp
Meridian 508.24 also with a LAT IC-200 Mark II IC

Similar Products Used: JPS Superconductor 2 (I have used other cables, but these are what I compared with.)
James   Audiophile [Feb 13, 2001]
Strength:

these cables are 98% as good as the wireworld gold eclipse III and a tiny fraction of the price.

too cheap (I explain this below)

This is a review of the IC 200 D MK II

There is only one thing wrong with these cables and that is that they are too damn cheap. This leads to people with far from perfect components complaining that the cables sound too bright (see below). These cables really need to be baught by someone who wants wireworld gold eclipses but cant afford them.

I am familiar with the equiptment used by the reviewers below and it is their equiptment that has an inherently bright sound. The cables are extremely neutral, and *extremely* detailed.

Another point to make is they take at least 100 hours to break in and it is not until about 90-100 hours of use that they fill out and add richness, out of the box they sound very thin and lack bass and midband warmth but as with all cables you need to run them in.

They will also ad such dramatic depth to your soundstage you may find yourself needing to re-position your speakers

These cables are more suited to systems costing ($US) $5000 - $25,000, They are more than good enough to be used on any "reference" level audiophile component costing tens of thousands of dollars. They are utterly revealing in detail, brilliantly fast and silky smooth and very musical and easy to listen to.

Because they are so accurate they will clearly and loudly (with alarm bells ringing) show every defect and problem with the components you are using, this is why their cheap price is a weakness, because people are putting them into cheap systems and expecting miracles, this wont happen.

These cables should only be used if you dont want to artificially compensate for your systems inadequacies.

These cables should be used if you have neutral, correct, or high end gear and want to hear it blow you away with a whole new world of detail.

They are not the best interconnects around, but they are a fraction of the cost of cables they sound as good as and thats why you should all go out and buy some! :-))

My system :

Vienna Acoustics Mahler speakers (brilliant)
Gryphon Dudio Designs amplifier (beats mark levinson by miles)
Classe SSP-25 preamp (this is now my weakest link)

Similar Products Used: wireworld gold eclipse III. mit. gryphon. goertz. silver bullets.