Gemini-Sound PT-1000 TurnTables

PT-1000

Professional Turntable

djHbee   Audio Enthusiast [May 30, 2013]

for the up and coming dj who was told gemini products are crap, for the most part, thats accurate but if you happen to stumble upon any pt series turntable by gemini,{ 1000,2000,2100,2400,2410} they are all good.. all direct drives with good torque and very solid tables as long as they were maintained.The cheapest part of the table {pt1000} is the tonearm which is kinda shaky, but stable enough to scratch or learn to. Ive had the pt1000s for 13 years and there still strong and pitch is still accurate.. ive cleaned them once in that time and they are still cranking the hits, handling the cuts with good torque.. i figure id be a little more detailed with my review being i left out the cons which are the tone arm and feedback with heavy bass in small genres. if you dont have a coffin , you have to elevate them somehow being that the ac plug is on the bottom.Other than that, i love em ... peace. i been in the game since 86 and i know a worthy table when my wrists slaps it.

dj hbee   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 19, 2013]

great table!!!! considering its a gemini , i never wanted to own or play anything with that name but these tables are great!! not a 1200, but id play with these anyday. Gemini really did their thing with these beasts and the umx series mixer.. too bad they both are discontinued...the sound quality is excellent with an ortofon djs cartridge, and im able to pull off great scratches and cuts for a Gemini table...I opened them both up , did some cleaning and still going strong strong at 13 years..Gemini did make 2 great products at one time..

Daniel   AudioPhile [May 26, 2007]
Strength:

Pitch Bend and Light meter for very accurate precision

None that I can think of

Excellent piece of Kit.and second hand for £25 (Pound sterling)..with pitch bend, manual and electronic, with light meter and for dark enviroments a cue light. Best record player I have brought in ages.

Bounthamsavanh Xiengsouvanh   Audio Enthusiast [May 09, 2007]
Strength:

its don’t have that dip in the middle of the pitch control

NO weaknesses whatsoever

I got 2 Gemini PT 1000 II and I like it and I also got 2 technics SL 1200 mk2. I choose the PT 1000 II over the technics because I use the pitch control to match the beat. It easy to do on the PT 1000 II then the technics because its don’t have that dip in the middle of the pitch control. I got this Gemini about 6 years ago and is in good condition I will not sell or trade this for anything.

Customer Service

N/A

Similar Products Used: technics SL 1200 mk2
Trevor Pieczarka   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 28, 2000]
Strength:

durable, high-torque, extended pitch control (+-10%)

"dip" at 0% on the pitch control

I've been using this table for about 6 months now and I have to give it high praise. The pt-1000 features a high torque motor that is slightly less powerful than a tech-12 but still very respectable. I've put this table through quite a bit of abuse and it still keeps banging. The tonearm assembly seems, I dunno, a little loose? However I've experienced no problems whatsoever. The pitch control goes to a generous +-10% which really comes in handy sometimes if you like to experiment a lot. My only complaint really is the "dip" where the pitch control clicks into the 0% position. This makes it a little difficult to fine tune your mixes around this point. All in all this is the perfect table for the bedroom Dj and beginners.

Similar Products Used: Gemini pt-2100, technics sl-1200
keng   an Audiophile [Sep 09, 1999]

Gemini ripped the design from the Technics 1200...this is NOT a bad thing. In fact Gemini added a bit more to it than the 1200, such as +/-10 pitch. I've had this turntable for 5 months and use just about everyday and no problems. I cannot vouch for the DJ aspect of this turntable, ie. scratching (i'm not a DJ). I do buy a ton of electro/IDM/house records and can say the sound quality of this table is great, I have an Ortofon OM-30 super attatched. The build quality is great, it weighs in at 25lbs and the direct drive motor starts and stops on a dime. I recommend this table for people who like to experiment at various speeds with their records and require a solid, well built turntable.

Craig   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 02, 2001]
Strength:

Excelent Start/Stop Time, High Quality Construction, Pitch Blend, Adequate Torque

Not Tech 12's

(REVIEW ON PT-1000 II) Excelent turntable for the money, nearly identical to the new PT-2100. Start and stop times are excelent, many features including pitch blend which comes in handy b/c trying to slow this motor from the spindel is not easy. Much higher quality than other competing decks I have used, Obviously not in the same class as Tech 1200's, but nearly 1/3rd the price. I would recomend these to the beginner-intermediate dj. After I get some more friends to try them out I'll post another review on if they are professional material...