Denon DP-DJ101 TurnTables

DP-DJ101

Denon DP-DJ101 Direct Drive Dual Voltage Turntable

sant mangat   AudioPhile [Jul 02, 2007]
Strength:

As solid as BMW

nothing

Very good for its price. I coupled it with my Halo Parasound Pre Amp and Power Amp and its smooth platter speed generated a real sound stage. Very useful for me for I have large number of 78 rpm recods in my collection.

Sant   AudioPhile [Apr 13, 2002]
Strength:

everything

nothing

Great looks with excellent features.

Bud Fogal   Audio Enthusiast [Mar 05, 2002]
Strength:

high start up torque, price, looks

sensitive platter

I bought a pair of these to use specifically for mixing techno/house/trance style music. I was somewhat hesitant to purchase a product which I could find relatively little information on, however they seem to perform quite adequately for "bedroom" mixing purposes. The high torque (2.2 kg/cm) means that you don''t have to push the next record into synch when cueing. The +-12% pitch is stable, but I wish that Dennon had gone for the +-8% to allow for finer tuned adjustments. Also, the plastic compartment and tone arm pivot don''t scream durability (which is important, since DJ tables tend to take a lot of abuse), but I guess you get what you pay for. Also, the platter tends to be quite sensitive when making on-the-fly adjustments to the vinyl when you''re bringing in the mix. However, they are a good value for starting/intermediate DJ''s looking for a descent pair of direct drive turntables.