Sansui 7070 Receivers

Sansui 7070 Receivers

USER REVIEWS

[May 25, 2020]
getter365

Strength:

This receiver is one of my favorite solid state receivers. I have it nicely paired with my Polk RT55 speakers. The build quality is right up there with my Sansui 881. The 881 has more metal, but the 7070 has more "balls". I feel it has more power than the 881. Both sound amazing. Some day I will do an A-B comparison. The 7070 is the sweet spot of the x0x0 line of Sansui's receivers - right in the middle of that series. The 7070 will provide 70 watts per side RMS into 8 ohms, even though it's rated at 60 watts per side. The sound is sweet full range, unbounded Sansui sound. And its looks are amazing. Tuner is nice and sensitive, though my 881 is more sensitive. I may have to clean the tuning capacitor in the 7070 better. I will say the newer 7070 model is a better design than the earlier 881. Why do I say this? My 881 was nonfunctional when I acquired it. It needed some parts to bring it back to life. My 7070 has not needed any parts. Zero parts. It has worked since my friend gave it to me. That's called progress. This is not a shot at the 881 as it may have had more hours of use on it.

Mine has one of the 4 power meter bulbs out, and one of the tuning display bulbs is out. I can't say anything bad about this receiver. It's a powerhouse from '76 - '79 and has a beautiful sound quality to it. And it'll shake your house if you want it to.

0.00
Used
[May 11, 2020]
vitalxs

Strength:

An amazing line of amps. Pure power. This 70W RMS per channel power is hugely understated. It has no problem whatsoever driving my 350W RMS per channel speakers. It is hard to comprehend the quality those thing were build with - there is nothing like this now. 45 year warranty anyone? This one has it...

None. Use it with Bluetooth, wirelessly - no issues, no wishes to improve or make it better than it already is. Have another one G7700, same quality more power - that's what Sansui was back in a day.

Used
Model Year:
1976
[May 05, 2020]
Windy

Strength:

I bought my 7070 in 1979. It was the very best receiver I have ever owned in my lifetime. It lasted me over 30 years.

There was only one weakness. It was heavy as heck. But that is not a weakness.

$250

How

[Nov 13, 2012]
stan armstrong
Audio Enthusiast

I own a 7070 and have for 33 years. I have original box and packing. All manuals and original warranty stickers and tabs. The thing is fantastic. After 32 years I resoldered the F board to the mother board. The right channel had been cutting out intermittantly. I read lots of reviews on this problem and cold solder joints were a common problem on this bad boy. So I downloaded the technical schematics and repair manual and resoldered many of the joints on the mother board holding the other circuitry boards. After that it worked flawlessly. The right channel stopped cutting out the lights on the front panel stopped the sometimes on sometimes off syndrome. No more problems. I won't sell it for any price. The cabinet is in excellent shape and I have taken excellent care of it. I had to replace the antennae mount which had broken. I have extra panel bulbs just in case one burns out. Everything works fine. I play a dual 521 turntable alot and it plays these records just great. I you have one of these keep it.

[Oct 07, 2012]
Vishal sharma
Audio Enthusiast

haii guys i also have one sansui stereo receiver 7070.which my my father buy in 1980.it give such nice sound right now days i connect this stereo with my pc.i am really proud well to my father as well this product.if somebody need this contact me @ 0141-2568439 jaipur India.

[Jun 08, 2011]
Stan
Audio Enthusiast

I bought this sansui 7070 in 1979. Have had it ever since. The only problem I had was some cold solder joints on the main driver board. I downloaded the repair manual off internet for free and made the soldering
connections that were bad. The face lights would go off and on intermittantly. Just resoldered the main solder joints and that problem stopped right now. The right and left channel audio would work intermittantly so the resoldering of the main driver board joints fixed that problem right now also. I have four speakers hooked up to channel a and b and the thing sounds fantastic. Lots of power and all functions work perfectly. It has been meticulously maintained and I even have the original box with original packing. I saw one on e-bay for $250. but mine put it to shame. I wouldn't sell it for 500. The junk electronic receivers made now days wouldn't hold a candle to this receiver. I give it a 5+.

[Jan 26, 2011]
Mike Halvorsen
Audio Enthusiast

I bought my Sansui 7070 in 1977 at the US Army PX in Hanau Germany, along with two Sansui SP-X7000 speakers. I stll have them in my living room to this day...and they still sound as good as the day I purchased them. Thank God I own my home, so the neighbors cannot have me evicted for playing my music too loud...Although my wife makes me turn it down when I get too carried away with Led Zeppelin...It was built like a tank and has an amplifier that, i swear to God, you could weld with it! It was rated at 60 wpc@ 8ohms w/.01% thd...and that was VERY conservative!!! I'll never part with it.

[Sep 26, 2010]
karister99
AudioPhile

This little brother of almost look-a-like to the more power packed 9090db is a awesome receiver. I'm using both and they both perform flawless, they can pretty much drive any load with ease. This one is throwing a very broad and detailed sound-stage and a very soothing to listen to. The sound comes from this little receiver is top notch, it sure rivals my much expensive separates. The difference between the 9090 and the 7070 to me is the wattage factor 125 vs 65 and speaker connections, latter one has only two vs three. I think if you find any of these models in decent condition at a reasonable price, jump on it and you'll never regret. As these units came out at the prime time of receiver war between major players, and Sansui still hold it's place as a premier player with no doubt.

[Oct 03, 2009]
Sal Mosca
Audio Enthusiast

I purchased my Sansui 7070 on eBay. I always wanted Sansui just because I loved the way my Dad's Sansui 6 sounded. I took it to a guy in Temecula for servicing. He cleaned it up, replaced a few bulbs and and did some adjustments. This receiver is amazing. I just recently got into vintage. Prior to owning this unit I was buying digital equipment like Denon, Adcom, etc. - and there's nothing wrong with it. But what it would take to achieve the same sound and power as the older solid state systems would cost a fortune. The Sansui, along with my Sansui SP2000's and Bose 301's is the perfect system. If there was anything negative to say about this unit it would be the cabinet. This was the first year that they put some wood-looking laminate over the wood. What I did was peel it off carefully and then put on a coat of quality wood varnish. This receiver is now in museum condition. I couldn't be happier.