NAD T775 Receivers

NAD T775 Receivers 

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-3 of 3  
[Nov 11, 2018]
Rocko

Strength:

Good amplifiers, however, I bought mine used with the dreaded Check DSP board error so I've only used it as an amp driving my PSB Stratus Golds in a bi-amp with the internal crossovers in the speakers in place. Based on my web research this receiver has serious problems with the reliability of the DSP card. The receiver I got for $100 (lucky for me it has problems) had kludges and attempted repairs on the DSP board too, but still didn't work.

Weakness:

So using as an amp with the preamp inputs from my CD player, sometimes the volume would change and the display would go away. I pulled the DSP card and the attached HDMI card from the receiver, they slide out the back, and these two problems went away. So I give it 8 stars as a cheap analog power amp, and just wanted to get the fix above out there for others that have the display and volume problem.

OVERALL
RATING
[Aug 11, 2017]
Terrence Walters
Audio Enthusiast

I probably should have posted this a few years ago, but I've been too busy enjoying this chunk of tech....

It drives 4 ohm Magnepan MMGs, center and surrounds, with sub-out to a DIY 10" Peerless / BASH 500W TL Sub. It's been constantly used (>5,000 hours/year) for movies, TV, Playstation through to a Pana PT-AR100. Music via NAD C556 (Rega) and PP1.

I'm not going to serenade you about how great it is. Power, detail and depth are all amazing.

After about 50,000 hours of use, the only concerns I encountered were:

1) I ended up needing more HDMI input ports (bought a breakout box from IOGEAR that can switch between a couple more sources - problem solved)
2) On rare occasion, the volume has suddenly cranked up for no apparent reason, but this hasn't happened in a couple of years now. No worries... could be solar-flares, gremlins or NSA, but hasn't been an issue in a long time.
3) In 2014, one of the cooling fans went flaky and noisy. I had a new set of fans shipped to me from their parts/service supplier here in Canada and I swapped them out - no further problem.

If you find a deal on one of these, go for it. It's been everything I hoped for, and then some.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Nov 25, 2010]
merid
AudioPhile

I hate the nerdy term Audiophile, but when I look back on quality and I hate to say quantity of equipment, I guess I might qualify.The NAD T775 passes the test for Audiophile sound in just about every way. I will not go into all the flowery description, because if you are considering the T775, you probably know what I am alluding to regarding Audiophile quality.

This is an A/V receiver, so what I will focus on is the over all experience. When you first sit down, you will think it's just another nice, expensive attempt at nirvana. Only after 15-20 minutes of listening will you realize it's time to pull out every movie you ever loved and see what it sounds like on the NAD T775. You feel like you are sitting in the movie, not watching the movie. Again, I'm not going to try to use video reviewer terms. I've just heard a lot of good "stuff" and this is the best so far.

Use the Audyssey EQ program and take the time to set up the microphone on a camera tripod or something that will give you consistent positioning. Try to measure accurately the distances of from the listening position that they instruct in the manual. Be precise, it pays off in a sound world you will probably not have experienced before.

I have not been using this receiver long. It does what I had hoped it would do, but I will never say an audio piece of equipment deserves my ultimate endorsement until it has gone 5 years without incident. Who cares about good sound if after 2 years the thing starts squeeling or smoking and your sitting with a boat anchor. I have owned other NAD equipment and it has been rock solid over time. If this thing tanks, you'll see another review blasting away. Otherwise, I would say this piece of equipment is state-of-the-art and I guess worth the bucks you spend to own it!

My apologies to those who like to read really detailed stuff. I'll let some other person do the color commentary.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-3 of 3  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

audioreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com