Marantz SR-63 Receivers

70W/ch

rafael   AudioPhile [Mar 18, 2010]

rafael

Thanet Krit   an Audio Enthusiast [Sep 10, 1997]

This receiver is one of the greatest combination gears I've ever seen. It does possess a magnificent tuner section as well as quite powerful 70 W/ch amplifier section (at $400 it is a real bargain.) The only drawback is the lack of pre-out/main-in function. If Marantz would launch the replacement for this receiver, the company should consider incorporate RDS function into tuner and has Pre-out/Main-in.
The sound quality is an upscale considering this is a $400 receiver. I personally recommended this to my friend to match with Tannoy M3 and she is really please with the sounding. I've never compare this Marantz with Yamaha, Denon or Rotel. But it is definitely a step up from any A/V receiver under
$1000.

Don   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 28, 1999]
Strength:

power aplenty: with an outstanding tuner i.e. sound wise, listen to your local n.p.r.s. station.
good and sound

none

Wonderful power excellent sounding tuner section. Outstanding sound for the money.

Similar Products Used: JVC receiver sounded awful
Kuzia   an Audio Enthusiast [Jul 05, 1998]

This is by far the best stereo reciever I ever heard or owned. Very clean and warm, may be just slightly underpowered. It sounds ten times better then some mid hi-fi separates like NAD or ADCOM. I boght it for my working cabinet to pair with B&W CDM-1s, and I got a better sound then with Carver separates I though was "overkill" for that room. Real rating probably 3 and 1/2, but with this price (I paid $320!!) I will rate it 5+.

R. Martin Silva   Casual Listener [Oct 12, 1999]

I bought this A/V receiver straight out of college when I had little money and had just purchased a pair of Paradigm 7SE MkIIIs. I live in a small apartment and it has more than enough power to drive the speakers. It's solidly built and I haven't had a single problem with it. I'll probably move this receiver into the bedroom and look into the SR-7000 so I can start building a small home theatre. Overall, a good entry level 2 channel receiver.

Edward M. Huff   an Audiophile [Mar 05, 1999]

I'd like to comment on the SR-52, which is without doubt the single most frustrating device I've had the misfortune of using. Frankly, I don't think it's possible to make a more confusing human interface than Marantz incorporated into this baby. As if the main controls arn't bad enough (and they are), the remote control can be used as a teaching aid to demonstrate every design flaw know in the human engineering world. The confusing instructions complement the achievement!
P.S. My stereo receiver nightmare has now been replaced by a 20 yr. old Sansui receiver that outperforms the SR-52 with every form of music and input medium.

John   [Jun 20, 2000]
Strength:

Sound, build, warranty (3 year), ease of use.

Wish it had more inputs, subwoofer output would be nice.

Has great sound, nice musical quality. Has great natural sounding bass output.