Harman Kardon HK 3350 Receivers

HK 3350

High current two channel Receiver

Tracy Cameron   Audio Enthusiast [Dec 01, 2001]
Strength:

Power....Pure Power! Crank it up, it stays clean. I drive some old Rectilinear speakers. They are good but not efficient, my HK doesn't really care. Everybody is so hip-hop on all of this marketing hype...Sony, Kenwood ect. This reciever doesn't have many bells and whistles, but if you want to listen to good clean MUSIC, Harman Kardon performs. PS -Don't take the wattage ratings too seriously, HK's 30 watts is like Sonys 100w.

none

Don't take my word for it, just buy one and impress yourself and your friends. I listen to many types of music(311 mostly) and I appreciate good low end bass. THIS, my friends, is where other recievers fail, not enough power to make 2-12" subs move accurately. If your like me and want to hear Aaron thump that bass and Chad kick it(and you aren't an elitist who can drop a $1000.00 bucks on a reciever)....HK is for you.

Similar Products Used: Sony and Kenwood
OVERALL
Matt Stoan   an Audio Enthusiast [Mar 26, 1999]

Its better than the JVC's, Kenwood, Sony's, and Pioneer's etc. (the latter two's standard line). The 3350 does have muscle the belies its 30wpc rms output. Its very visually appealling and easy to use (I like the appearance better than the new H/K). If you want solid sound this unit does it. But, its just a receiver. And as with any receiver, it lacks refinement and finesse. Compared to other receivers out there, it probably stands in the upper strata at a much lower price because it eschews the surround sound stuff. But don't buy any receiver thinking that you're going to get high end performance. I give it four stars based on how it performs against it peers, not real stereo gear.

OVERALL