Denon DRA-275RD Receivers

Denon DRA-275RD Receivers

USER REVIEWS

[Nov 15, 2020]
Casterland

Strength:

It did the job it was supposed to do. No complaints at all, but nothing that really stands out either. I would give it 5 stars but I save those for very special things. This receiver is very good in my books. Thanks for helping to make the office better with barrie towing on the same day to get the delivery truck on time. I highly recommend the DRA-275RD.

Nothing bad to say,

[Oct 29, 2020]
diplo888

Strength:

Nice Receiver. I got this since 2001

Expensive The Justice Project

Price Paid:
Model Year:
2001
[Oct 29, 2020]
LUCIm

Strength:

So today I found an old Denon stereo receiver that was being thrown out at work, so I took it home to see if it still works :D (Model is DRA-275RD). I have a pair of Yamaha NS-2hx speakers sitting at home unused, so I plugged them in and hooked the receiver up to my computer, and hooray it works! fence company greenville

Can't figure out how other functionalities works. fencing charlotte

[Aug 31, 2020]
stevens

Strength:

Price, Simple Layout, Color Coded Remote

[Mar 13, 2006]
dude8370
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

A/B speaker swithching
Tone control

No subwoofer out
Only works good with good speakers
40 watts only

I bought this reciever with a pair of paradigm Atoms for $113. This is an ok reciever for a bedroom or something like that, but dont count on it doing the job of the home theater reciever. This is a bit pricey for what you get in the end, I really like the tone adjust though. Make sure you plug good speakers like the Atoms in, I tried plugging in sony jdp-550's into it and it sounded awful, I am more of an onkyo person, and reccomend going for onkyo for the home theater options but denon seems to ave the edge on stereo sound.

Onkyo Tx-Nr801
Onkyo Tx-Sv727
Paradigm Atom
Paradign 7semk3

[Jun 02, 2002]
LO
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Sound quality (and the ability to drive British loudspeakers at an OK sound quality)

I would rather have more straight forward FM memory presets.

I bought this receiver as a bedroom system reciever. I am using it to run a pair of Richard Allen RA 8s. For a low cost, Japanese receiver, I think it has wonderful sound - and that is the main reason I purchased it. I normally gravitate toward British electronics as well as speakers when my buget permits.

Yamaha

[Nov 04, 1998]
Rich
an Audio Enthusiast

Is something wrong here or did Denon change their Stereo reciever line? As far as I knew there is a DRA-275R (without RDS, 40watts x 2, $249) and a DRA-375RD (WITH RDS, 60watts x 2, $299). Is there a version of the 275 with RDS now? If so, why not buy the 375RD for the same price?
Both units are several years old and haven't been changed, however they out-perform the Yamaha RX 396 and 496, priced also at $249 and $299 (retail), respectively, despite their lower power ratings. (RX396 is 50x2, RX496 is 75x2) Additionally, the Yamaha has no RDS feature.

The best is the Yamaha RX-596 for $399 (80 watts x 2)with a CD-direct AMP, pure direct button.

[Oct 25, 1998]
Jape
a Casual Listener

Very good receiver! Go and buy one!

[May 19, 2000]
Michael Smoot
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Price, Simple Layout, Color Coded Remote

Tuner

Cleaned house and had a CD player and pair of speakers left over. Needed something to listen to at the office and did not want to spend the money on a cheesy shelf system.
So, I went out and purchased this receiver. Voila! Separates
for the office at a very reasonable price.
My office setup:
Denon DRA 275R Receiver
Denon DCM 460 CD player (this player is getting a bad rap)
Jamo Cornet 40 Bookshelf Speakers ($127.00 a pair - very hard to beat).
Audioquest Jade Interconnects (hey-it's an office system)
Audioquest Type 2 Speaker Cables (one of the best for the money)
OK I'll admit it - I wanted to get a receiver to match the orphaned CD player. Needless to say it has plenty of power for it's intended use. Tuner is weak. I hate the way the antenna hooks up. Tried to replace it with a Terk, but could not get the connection to work. If you are looking for
a second receiver for stereo use only (bedroom, office, etc.) it's as good as any.

Onkyo

[Feb 17, 1999]
Eric
an Audio Enthusiast

I bought the DRA-275 to use as a second stereo system in the bedroom and I have not been disappointed. I have a pair of Acoustic Research Rock Partners connected to it and a CD player as well. First, the stereo reception is suprising strong for this price of reciever. Stations come in strong and clear. Although the station presets are a little confusing to get used to it does an adequate job. It is definitely quite powerful for 40 x 2 wpc and can fill a small to medium sized room. The piece is heavy and well built and even has A/V inputs for a VCR. Nice for a stereo setup in a bedroom.