Naim NAC 282 Preamplifiers

USER REVIEWS

[Aug 19, 2017]
André
AudioPhile

I chanched my 202 for the 282 and I don't regret it. Compare to the 202 the 282 shows more detail and much more control in bass. (On my Audiovector SR6 speakers). A real 'high-end' pre-amp!

[Jul 06, 2007]
graham gee
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Very dynamic, open, musical sound, really involving.

Build quality superb

Logic software control, I find a litle quirky , after Linn, which is still better in this respect BUT not for sound.

I have recently changed pre amps from very old, trusted firiend namely Linn Kairn circa 1997 model year to brand new 2007 NAC 282. The diference is chalk and cheese. I always thought my Kairn was good, and I guess it is, but the 282 just blows it away.
The openness of the sound, fresh, vibrant, bass delivery excellent, instruments actually in the room with you, VERY low noise almost black silence.!
It really is the best pre amp I have ever heard.
FULL system Linn LP12/Lingo/Lyra Dorian cart, NAC282, CDX2, HiCap, Linn Klout x2 power amps , speakers Thiel CS2.4,s

The 282 really allows the Klouts to shine .

BUT - you are right there with the band, NOT at the back of the hall, if this upfront sound wont suit think carefully, but for me -- MAGIC

[Aug 11, 2006]
naim
Casual Listener

Strength:

Very............Nice and sweet and the Bass .......HAHA ......Good Good!

still waiting

I just change my 202 to 282. And powerAmp 200 change to 250.2.