ROTEL RA-921 Integrated Amplifiers

RA-921

25 Watts Integrated Amplifier

pirato   Audio Enthusiast [Feb 06, 2009]

Fantastic amp. Great soundstage, suit any dynamic music you put on it. Dont be full for low wattage, sound is big and forward. This little devil delivers all the time. Any chance just buy it!!!

Jukka Keskiaho   Audiophile [Dec 10, 1999]
Strength:

Slim look, no flash lights

No remote control

This amp is amplification for my second system which usually plays background when making food. Power source is pretty good, as always on Rotel's ampfliers but I miss remote control which is missing, but it's great that there are only one little red light, it's not for flashylovers, it's look like expensive than it is. 921 is basic amp but if you have good speakers which need more power this is not your choice.

Petia   a Casual Listener [Jun 29, 1999]

Source: Technics Discman, 1 bit MASH DAC, Noise filter, 4 DSP ModesSpeakers: Cambrigde PC Works (planning to upgrade to Tannoy Mercury 2.5)
Phones: Sennheiser 435

I am new to hifi, this is the first amp I bought. I listen on headphones a lot.
Okay 25 wpc is very wimpy to the people in AudioPhiLand. I would described it as small but juicy. It packs enough current to drive music thru most bookshelf speakers. When I listen on my discman with headphones the DSP was not very significant, the music sounds in my head. But with the Rotel driving the phones, Natalia Merchant and the 10,000 Maniacs came to "live" around me as the DSP becomes more prominent giving an aura sensation. The midrange is also more detail and I love the crooning of the vocals and the strings. Jazz does well too with Louis Armstrong's "A Kiss to build a dream on". However the bass evidently is missing some punch, but don't worry, turn it up on the tone controls.

Johan Luiten   Audio Enthusiast [Apr 07, 2001]

Great little amp. For the price it is a best buy !! Use this amp with a rotel cd player 951 and denon cdr 1000 and piega 1.6 speakers. Perfect set !!!!
Buy this amp!!