NAD M3 Integrated Amplifiers

USER REVIEWS

[Sep 15, 2013]
Stephen
Audio Enthusiast

I came across a blind listening in a HiFi shop few months ago, I did not know what amp was being used to drive a pair of ordinary floor standing speakers, the music was so lively presented with pretty rich textures, huge soundstage and detailed bass. I could not stand anymore to ask the shop owner for the amp, and my jaw dropped to the floor when he told me it was a NAD M3 ! I could not believe it is so cheap with such a luxury spec and features ! 180W with 50A output, custom made Holmgren transformers, discrete resistors volume control with special made front end module, separable PRE and Power portion, either can be independently used....I immediately paid to replace my 211 tube amp.

I have been listening HiFi for many years, and owned many pricey amps, but only rare can be compared with this M3 in performance, especially its CP value which I believe it is the best !
I am now very much satisfied with the performance of using it to drive my beloved Focus Audio FS788, which is demanding for high current driving power to sing. Also I am regreted that I had misunderstood NAD before, as I always thought that it was only renowned for producing economical items for so-so performance, I never expect this M3 has throughoutly changed my mind, it is so outstanding among the best no matter in the sound performance and build quality.

It absolutely worth you to try an audition if you want to buy a quality amp. I am sure I shall use it in my system for very long time to come, I can really sit down to enjoy the music and save a lot in money, thanks God !!

[Sep 29, 2012]
Tim Zdrale
Audio Enthusiast

Fantasitic integrated amplifier! Powerful, built like a tank and beautiful to look at.
I have owned the M3 for two years and impressed with the reliability. You would have to spend twice the retail price to equal or exceed it's performance. I have the matching Nad M3 Universal M55 SACD/DVD player and a pair of Consonance Eric 3 speakers and haven't even looked at any other systems. I have had over the last 25 years in this hobby, many integrated and amp/pre-amp combinations and this is the best one hands down!
The build quality and technology in this amplfier is astounding!!

[May 28, 2011]
clausbb
Audio Enthusiast

den har lige den power som den skal have jeg kan ikke komme med noget dårligt

[Jan 10, 2011]
J-B
AudioPhile

I returned the first M3 I had, because of a faulty display. At that point I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay with NAD, because of all the negative comments about reliability the brand gets so I decided to go for another brand.

Got a musical fidelity M6i after that, but I quickly realised this was a big mistake.
Not that the M6i is a bad amp, but the M3 just smokes it.
The M3 is much more refined. It also has better midrange detail (especially the low-mid!) and a larger soundstage.
That's why I returned the MF and ordered a new NAD M3. It's a gem. At this pricepoint there's no better sounding integrated amplifier (for my taste ofcourse).

It powers my powerhungry dynaudio speakers effortlessly.
Too bad the price here in Europe is much higher than in the US, but it's still worth it.
It can compete with much more expensive amplifiers.

[Jan 10, 2011]
Jochen
AudioPhile

Not that the M6i is a bad amp, but the M3 just smokes it.

It powers my powerhungry dynaudio speakers effortlessly.
It can compete with much more expensive amplifiers.

[Dec 25, 2010]
DavidKS
Audio Enthusiast

I purchased this integrated after reading many reviews. I use the PSB Gold'i as my loudspeaker. What I liked about the M3, is I began to play some of my older recordings and they sounded pleasing to my ears. So I found myself becoming reacquainted with my Aerosmith CDs. Females vocals also sounded pleasing, and could be cranked loud and not be bothersome, such as my Enya collection.

The bass is not quite defined enough for me through these speakers. It's a warm (but not too warm) bass, however it did not have the slam I was looking for especially at higher volumes. It appears the relatively low damping factor limited the amplifiers control of the woofers. If you want to play this loud, a sub-woofer is recommended. Or a very efficient full range towers.

Overall, a very pleasing sound and easy on the ears. 400WPC may be more to my liking.

[Oct 09, 2009]
Scott Snyder
AudioPhile

This integrated AMP has shaken my beliefs about the impact and preamp and/or amp can make in the performance of a stereo system. I do not change my equipment frequently and am rarely prone to highenditis. I was content with the sound of prior amp and preamp; a B & K Pro10mc and a NAD 208THX. I was driven to make a change, for ergonomic reasons. I purchased the M3 because of prior personal history with NAD products and customer service, consistently good reviews and the opportunity to purchase a demo unit at a good price. Upon installation, I was flabbergasted. I did not expect to hear any significant changes and simply hoped to equal/maybe slightly better my prior components. Here is what I heard:

Tighter, deeper and more detailed bass.
Broader and deeper soundstage.
Rock solid center image.
Greater detail and resolution.
Greater realism.

Since I admit the possibility of being influenced by reviews, personal attachment to a purchasing decision, etc. I asked both my son and my wife to independently listen to the music of their choice and tell me what they thought. I gave them no preparation and they did not know my opinion, prior to listening. I made sure I was not in the room while they listened. Neither of them is into the audio side of things and they simply like to listen to music on a regular basis.
Both reported back that they heard significant improvement in the system and when asked for details listed the same/similar comments as mine above. Although a perfect test, I am comfortable that I am truly hearing most/all of what I have listed above.

My other components are:

PSB Goldi speakers, Sony DVP-s7700 DVD/CD player, HK turntable, Shure Ultra cartridge, NAD PP3 phone pre-amp.

Your mileage may vary, but I am delighted with the improvements this product has brought to my music system.

[Oct 04, 2008]
trichardlin
AudioPhile

Strength:

Refined and powerful sound. Excellent build quality. Lots of convenient features. Great price.

Display characters are too small.

This is the best amp I've had. My previous amps included Cary (tube, still have it), Plinius, Audio Research, Parasound, etc. I'm using it to drive my Diapason Adamantes III. My front end is a modified Denon DVD 3910 multi-format player. The sound of this amp is articulated and refined. It might be a bit 'inward,' but just a bit. It is generally very engaging and enjoyable. Others already comment on the excellent build quality, and I certainly agree with them.

Unlike many high end amps, this amp is not afraid of including convenient features. It comes with enough inputs (5+1) to accommodate modern music lovers. So in addition to your usual sources, you probably still have rooms for your iPod, PS3, etc, etc. There are many other handy features, such as a programable display, tone controls, two sets of speaker connections and two remote controls.

What's not to like? Only one small thing: the display is too small to be legible from across the room.

All in all, this is an excellent amp and is a great value.

Similar Products Used:

Plinius 8200 Mk II, Cary SLI-80, Parasound separates, Audio Research separates.

[Aug 24, 2008]
Feier
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Kraft & musikalitet

4 mnd til 6 mnd innspilling før den låter bra.

Varm musikk formidler.

Customer Service

Good

Similar Products Used:

Pleny at last 20 produkt

This ay keep

[Apr 04, 2008]
martinp24
AudioPhile

Strength:

solid construction, deep tight bass, very good medium, excellent price/quality, balanced input, RS232 connector.

seriously, i do not know... For 2000$, finding a SERIOUS weaknesses is very hard at this point!

I had many integrated amps in my life and this one is a particular one. At first sight, the idea of spending big bucks on a NA, wich was for me, a good mid-fi product, wasn't tasteful. When i heard it, you have to understand that this NAD master series have nothing to do with the old NAD that we were used to listen before. First of all, the physical side of the amp is top notch, very solid built and very good looking. For 2000$, there is nothing in that world that can compete with it. You would have to pay at least 6000-7000$ to see a reasonnable difference. I tried it with very good equipment. I have paradigm reference studio's 40, very good cables all around and a CEC cd player wich is very nice also. The bass are deep and very strong, the medium are very present, the voices sounds like they are in the room. When NAD made the master series, they wanted to compete in the HIFI section and they didnt miss it!

Sim Audio I3, Sim Audio I5