NAD C372 Integrated Amplifiers

NAD C372 Integrated Amplifiers

DESCRIPTION

2 x 150W minimum continuous power into 4/8 ohms, 220W/340W/460W IHF dynamic power into 8/4/2 ohms respectively, bridgeable to 400W mono (8 ohms), A/B speaker outputs with remote switching, headphone socket, high current Holmgren toroidal power transformer, relay input switching, 7 Line inputs including two tape in/outs, all discrete circuitry, short signal path from input to output, all sockets gold plated, Bass and Treble controls with Tone Defeat switch, main amp input and 2 preamp outputs, NAD Soft Clipping, IR input and output, full system remote control including stand-by/off, 12V trigger output, remote control, detachable power cord.

USER REVIEWS

[Dec 06, 2016]
sean s
Audio Enthusiast

I just wanted to say that this model is known to have issues with the 80v caps and 100v ones were recommended on a post I found straight from a big wig at nad. Ill link the post later when I find it.

[Aug 21, 2012]
Leonard van der Est
AudioPhile

I agree with the previous fellow, a complete dud. Still have a NAD 3155 that I had bridged with a 2155 for 30 years. The C372 after 3 years blew a capacitor on start up from cold, and in a well ventilated installation, it never seemed quite right after repair on warranty. NAD even has the nerve to say they would not warranty the C 372 for this reason. Though they did mine, it just didn't sound as good as when new. After 7 years one of the resistors on the right side main amp came loose. The solder was stuck to the resistor pin but no longer to the circuit board. $250 later, I will admit they halved the price of the capacitors they replaced or it would have been about $450, it worked for about 2 weeks, they are now looking at the volume control.. My profession before retireing was a marine engineer. I understand very well when a cascading event starts, passing on to another part then another and so on. At this point I can no longer follow there reasoning in paying more for repairs than the cost of a new amp. I purchased a Harmon Kardon 3490 and am very pleased with this reciever.

[Oct 26, 2011]
paul hoyle
Casual Listener

this thing is a poor quality dud & for the price is a joke as such. I was under the false illusion that a name like nad came with quality but was a wrong> The left channels went & later the right channels went with very little use. In short dont touch it or for that matter nad products in genral not impressed at all!

[Jan 03, 2011]
wwt123
Audio Enthusiast

I am having C372 for just more than a year. matched quite right with my PSB speakers but the volume control trigger some distortion everytime when i adjust the volume. i has sent to the service centre for repair but the can not refuse the defects. for sure, i isolated the problem by using my friend's amp to test my speakers by using the same setting, same CD player, same CD. No distortion was detected. This make me very sad. I have to stay with the volume distortion forever.

[Nov 08, 2010]
merid
AudioPhile

This amp does not even come close to other NAD product offerings. It was bested by a long shot by my old NAD C320BEE at 50 watts driving my PSB Synchrony Two's. I upgraded to the C375BEE for a bit more money and WORLD of difference. The C375BEE is a bargain and definately the best I have heard in my many systems. It's the best NAD amp I have ever heard. There must be something with the BEE designation, which the C372 does not have as a designation. Also, the C375 is spec'd at 150 watts like the C372, but reading the specs shows a fair amount of difference in output.

[Mar 20, 2009]
gruff5054
Audio Enthusiast

My c372 went up in smoke 6 months after the warrenty expired. Not good for an amp of this supposed quality and price. Nad did repair it free of charge. When I got it back I found it had also destroyed my new ($1800) speakers. The damage to the speakers was not covered by the speaker warrenty. Less than a year later the amp has again has gone up in smoke. It has never been abused driven hard or abused in anyway at all. If I have to pay to get it repared this time I will choose to buy anpther brand.

[Dec 04, 2008]
Thomas Brown
Audio Enthusiast

I previously had written a very positve review of this product but I take it all back. Two nights ago the amp blew up in flames. I was lucky to save my house and myself let alone the rest of my electronic equipment. The amp was not even on. It was on the standby mode. I wrote to NAD but, of course, they have not responded.

Beware of NAD products

[Nov 25, 2008]
dovdovits
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

power, mid-range, price

volume control

Just want to add that Iin Oct 2008, my 4-year old 372 'blew up' late one night after having been left on at low volume (1/4 on the dial). No problem - I took it in to the NAD agents (Sydney, Australia) and they were most sympathetic and helpful, obviously recognising the issue. I had thought that they would knock me back due to being out of warranty, but no, the amp was repaired the same day at no cost. Of course it is part of the well known syndrome affecting some of these amps, but all credit to NAD for responding so rapidly to defuse what could have been an unpleasant situation as I wasn't going to slink away without putting up a decent fight. Importantly, the ventilation around my amp is more than adequate (4 years later!) so the problem had to be with the machine. I have owned NAD eqpt all my life really, starting with a 3020 and will continue to do so. Just a qucik remark on performance of the 372: I have always been happy with the 372 but a tad disappointed with the bass reproduction - now that it has a new power board and other gizmos (I am no audio-nut) it is performing better than ever and I am absolutely thrilled with the smoother, meatier, more sensual and tighter way in which the bass is handled by my Krix Euphonix floor-standing speakers in a bright, small room. A happy and relieved customer indeed.

Customer Service

no complaints - see story above

[Nov 13, 2008]
alexxbadea
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Great Build

Lack of bass,very unclear sound,just not ok

Had this amplifier fiour about 4 days for testing from the local dealer.I must say i agreee with some of the guys on audioreview.Something is totally wrong with this amplifier.It has a huge lack of bass and the sound image is very blurr and unclear.I now own the c355bee wich as power is much weaker than the c372 and surprisingly better sounding and seems more powerfull.Also the tone controls are practically usless.Hope Nad will see the problems on the c372 .(every brand has it's ups and downs )

Similar Products Used:

Nad c355bee,Marantz,Grundig Finearts,Kenwood

[Apr 14, 2008]
dada
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

power,precise,clear,after break inn.

long break inn.

Great amp,beautiful soundstage,very smooth,it took a while for it to break in,at first it was sounding a little harsh,but after a month or so it just smoothed out and keeps sounding better and better,speaker selection is also very important,if you dont like the sound,try changing your speakers,i have run NHT,and HK fifty,good biwire jumpers changed the sound as well. great amp under $2000.

Similar Products Used:

onkyo integra IA,old HK IA.