NAD C 350 Integrated Amplifiers

60 W per channel integrated amplifier

USER REVIEWS

[Sep 29, 2018]
joaocoelho

Strength:

Very good dynamic power, warm sound. Excellent value-for-money.

This is more of a nuisance than a weakness: A very picky remote, that tends to work only at some angles.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2002
[Apr 04, 2011]
GOLDFIZH
AudioPhile

I have had amps such as MF, Marantz, Denon, Teac, Meridian ,Classe , Cayin, Rotel and 1 or 2 others over the years ...but I am really impressed with the sound of the C350! As i like solid bass, I was a little sceptical and weary as I want it to run my mission 753s . I was pleasantly surprise and how wrong I was . I listen to all kinds of music frm vocals to jazz to new age to rock etc..... the amp produces very distinct highs and balance low bass.....vocals are natural and both depth n imaging really impresses too...... I know there are amps out there that can do a better job but at this price, I know what i am paying and its hard to beat! It drives my 753s effortlessly.....and it plays LOUD!!!! what a amp! another great product from NAD. Never fails to deliver!

[Apr 06, 2010]
westsounds
AudioPhile

Ive had all types of amps over the years audiolab 8000A, cyrus 3, musical fidelity XA-2, arcam 9 , naim 3 to name a few but this NAD is a really great amp, easy to listen to very natural in the vocals and realistic sounding. The bass is solid and treble is very sweet not bright. Great all round amp for all types of music.

I have listened back to back with the pioneer A400 with my Proac tablette reference 8 signatures and I discovered to my surprise that I actually preferred the C350. The A400 did have a surprising amount of bass and it was very powerful in that area, however the vocals on the A400 sounded a bit sterile and electrical when compared to the Nad. The nad was much more organic sound especially in the midrange. Vocals and the overall sound was much more natural and realistic. I was a die hard A400 years ago but after listen to them side by side the Nad was the better overall sound. The A400 did have a lot of grip in the bass though, bass you could really feel, even with my tiny Proac, the Nad couldn’t quite match it in this department but overall the Nad sounded much nicer.

I have also directly compared it to a much bigger in size Sony TA-FB940 amplifier and again the Nad came out on top, this was a bit like something between the A400 and Nad C350.

[Apr 28, 2009]
eddie
AudioPhile

It’s a great amp easy to listen to very natural in the vocals and realistic. The bass is solid and treble is very sweet not to bright. Great all round amp for all types of music.

Just if you’re interested, I picked up a pioneer A400 the other day very cheap from a friend. back to back listening with the A400 and the nad C350 I discovered to my surprise with my Proac ref tabs 8 sigs, that I actually preferred the C350, the A400 did have a surprising amount of bass and it was very powerful in the bass, the vocals sounded a bit sterile and electrical when compared to the Nad the nad was much more organic in the Vocals and sound much more natural and realistic. Just thought I would pass this on to all, and I was a die hard A400 years ago. I sold the A400 kept the nad, the Nad was the better overall sound. the A400 did have a lot of grip in the bass though, bass you could really feel, even with my compact Proac, the Nad couldn’t quite match it in this department but overall the Nad sounded much nicer.

[Oct 14, 2007]
tarquesh@hotmail.com
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

It's pure uncomplicated sound. Many inputs. Very nice build inside electronics.
With a good matching speaker set a hell of a music maker.

Only 2 speaker terminals. (but it saving money to buy another speaker set) The softclipping switch is placed at the back panel. It must be on the front. The tone defeat switch is overdone. Lett it off and make it more pure.

My C350 is the heard of my stereo set.
For it's price you can't buy better. This C350 is devellopped for people who want clear and natural. A tipical sound that you hear at more expensive ampifiers.
I a reviuw i read about emotionless sound. That's right at a point of viuw. I called it a dead sound. But that is equalivalent of high end electronics. Hifi freaks want that sound. uncoulered and pure.
when i listened to my Marantz pm4200 i recognised a warm dynamic touch. After a while i get tired about Marantz and wishes to hear to my real big super NAD C350. Before i bought the C350 i listened in a shop to serveral brands. After all those expensive ones, the shop man plugged a little C320 to a set of speakers. And you can gess it,
it's was the match. After that session i know what i know for many years. I must buy NAD for my cd collection.

Similar Products Used:

Marantz pm4200, Pioneer A333, Sony ... bad thing amps. Marantz pm4200 not included. It's sound good with the JBL E30 Nordrigde series.

[Mar 16, 2007]
ziher
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Almost everything, i don't t think there is better amp in same price range. Biggest strength natural sounding voices

None for its price range.

I bought this amp initially to replace my old Nad 302 and i was really suprised by it's performance; it sounds like a 100W amp, good tight bass, great mids (voices sound very natural) and solid highs. Now i use it in bi-amped combination with Nad 302 driving tweeters and c350 driving mid-bass units in my DIY Seas speakers. When connected to quality fast drivers directly (without passive crossover) sound is really amazing:). Also tested them with Rogers LS3A with great results.

[Feb 10, 2004]
asimo
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

More than enough power for small room Same NAD sound warm character

More aggressive than the classic NAD amplifiers Not the best style on the market

I have NAD C350 two years now and I feel it is time to comment about it. I must confess that I am a NAD enthusiasts, I started more than 20 years ago with NAD 7020 receiver. This small receiver was a real different from the consumer market receivers like, Akai, Onkyo, Tandberg and other stereo receivers available in those years. The NAD 7020 receiver delivered music warm and attracting, I could listen to it many hours without getting any listening fatigue. I listen mainly to classical music, I like variety of genres, from string quartets to grand operas, I like vocal and piano music, when I check a new component for my stereo I use piano, string quartet and vocals music to test it. My listening site is a small working room. After ten years I changed my 7020 to another NAD receiver, the NAD Monitor 7000. This is similar to the NAD 7020 but has everything more. More power, more scale, more dynamic, a better Phono stage somewhat more firm bass and a better tuner. It served me very well for more that ten years now. During these years I changed all my stereo gear: speakers, CD Players, added DVD, computer sound card and sent to retirement my turntable and tape deck. Only the NAD Monitor 7000 continued to be with me. In this world of Hi-end and audiophiles time had come for adding a real integrated amplifier. I tested several units like Audio Analouge Puccini, Anthem tube pre-power, and some more but noticed a little difference between these amplifiers and mine NAD Monitor 7000. Finally I decided to try the new NAD C350 that had so many good reviews. I bought the NAD C350 but did not sale the NAD Monitor 7000 and did a lot of listening tests side by side. To my surprise I discovered that I still prefer the NAD Monitor 7000. The C350 has more bass and more depths. It is a little more accurate but for long listening I had more enjoyment from the NAD 7000 Monitor receive, and it also has an excellent build in tuner. I wonder if some of the Audio review readers had similar experience. Anyhow, both amplifiers are excellent value and gave me many hours of listening satisfaction My stereo video set: NAD C541 CD player NAD C350 amplifier NAD Monitor 7000 stereo receiver Marantz DV 4200 DVD player SB Blaster Extigy sound card Mission 751f speakers

NAD Monitor 7000 receiver ,Marantz 7200 Arcam A75

[Dec 18, 2003]
Jaeoh Park
Casual Listener

Strength:

Powerful, controlled sound. Quite neutral/no evident weak points(technically) Above everything, value.

Emotion.

Must've been using this amp for 1~2 years. I remeber how I was amazed with its power & poise when I first bought it. Yeah, it's a good amp, especially with its price in mind. Just for the level of qualities, I'm not sure if there are any other amps that can beat C350. (At least for the time when I bought them) But I'm growing a little tired of hearing the NAD C350. The music sounds very much like its own body; blocked up, dark grey coloured, very simple yet functional machinery-feeling with no emotions. May be it's that its power and control just whelm over music and just doesn't let it go free. However, I'm getting more and more hungry for that lacking emotion I want to feel from listening music. But provided the price, I guess this might be the right one you should try to not regret on. NAD products seem to be found easily, and buyers with this amount of money to spend might not have clear idea on the sound they really want. This might be the course, the step, that developing hi-fiers should. p.s.'s----------------------------------- (I have in my Korean home a better system with Meridian transport&DAC, Sonic Frontiers SFC-1 int. tube amp and Rogers speakers... sounding warm, smooth, nice and all, but kind of oppressing/irritating/boring that it cannot just 'open up' so freely) Oh, by the way, I really regret buying the IXOS cable I've bought thoughtlessly, costing around US$200. Emphasizing too much on dynamics and its details, it really kills the mids. This cable's also quite somewhat unemotional, stuffy & dry feeling(say, like a bag of sand). This and NAD equipments... seem to create a powerful synergy effect -_-

[Nov 24, 2003]
Michel T
AudioPhile

Strength:

Price, musicality,

would like a better case but for the price, forget it. Remember, it's not a $5000 amp !!!

I have a new Nad 350 since one week and compared with an older nad 302: Better bass, mid more open, better focus, power with better control. My speakers are AE Aegis one.

Nad 302, Rotel RA-02

[Oct 11, 2003]
OWL Hole
AudioPhile

Strength:

Graceful look, tuneful bass, clear smooth midband, sweet treble, detailed sound, real 60 Watts per channel, controlled sound, proper number of inputs, ready to participate in biamplifying, soft clipping switch, headphone output, tone controls accompanied with tone defeat switch, toroidal transformer, and universal remote control unit which is handy and inlcudes those useful functions. A perfect sounding amplifier in this class.

It's not fair to mention something.

This is Erfan Moharramy's opinion, a hard to please music and HiFi lover. NAD C 350 isn't a box designed to beautify your room, this is an amplifeir; And when you love HiFi you surely feel how beautiful it is. Thanks God and thanks to NAD designers for building such a system which looks and sounds in this way. Graceful C 350 produces rich sound which is as powerful as real 60 Watts per each stereo channel that remains almost undistorted . NAD proprietary's ISC needs to be realised and admired. This clean sounding grey box is one of the most valuable cubes for me all around the world and of my life. So this is the box that is beautiful when is turned off and enjoyable when turend on started with that lovely click sound.

Similar Products Used:

Harman Kardon HK 660, Yamaha, onkio, Audiolab, Kenwood.