Myryad Cameo Integrated Amplifiers

50W x 2

USER REVIEWS

[Apr 18, 2018]
Bauer

Strength:

I was happily living with my Naim Nait N5i, and then I came across this on the local classifieds. Since it was a block next to my home, I thought of giving it a try. Went with few of my test CD's. The owner had a Golden Ear Aeon speaker(which isn't the best in the class) Playing the first track from the I will remember by Toto, I was literally blown by the top end air(not harsh, but lush and detailed)and resonance of the drums. Imaging was top. TLazer sharp! I could easily mark in space the place of the drums flying across the speakers. I have heard it before, but this was like lines drawn in space! Lazer sharp! Also playing Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, the amp shined in reproducing the complex notes in Giorgio by Moroder and the track contact had superb layering. I could hear the difference of his voice changing from the beginning of song to the end. The amp sounds neutral with a pleasant touch of warmth. Sound is wide and deep as it should be. My intention was just to hear it. A day later I took it home, and compared with the Naim. Long story short, I got some money out of selling the Naim, as it wasn't doing anything more. I don't miss the Naim anymore. Overall I am quite satisfied with my Myryad + PMC DB 1i combination. Later I found out that, this is exactly a Myryad z142 integrated in a different shell. Just look at pictures from internet and compare. The amp - pre-amp section is a 1-1 clone! At the price I paid now I know I stole something, considering they originally sold at around 900-1100 $

Underrated mainstream kind of look. That's my opinion. Sonically none at its price.

Price Paid:
OVERALL
[Oct 08, 2002]
gbuonomi
Audio Enthusiast

Strength:

Incredible sound clarity and airy. Good speed and beautifull open sound...... Listen it and let the music play!

Only volume control, no balance or others. But at this price!!!!

The Myryad CAMEO is a beutifull amplifier. It has a very "magic sweet sound". Quite perfect, very fine resolution of details, good dynamics, best open soundstage like no other at its price. Easy to pilote any kind of speakers. Very good build quality and best design. I tel you: just buy't ! Respect the famoust big brother MI120 only 10 watt and balance control less...but low price and better desin! The rest of my system (very good match whit CAMEO): CD Player Marantz CD17 MK2 Speakers: Spendor LS3/5A Monster interlink CD signal cable. Monster 1,5 f power cable. Self made shield connection sheet cable.