Cambridge Audio Azur 640A Integrated Amplifiers

Cambridge Audio Azur 640A Integrated Amplifiers

DESCRIPTION

65W/channel into 8 Ohms, 100W/channel into 4 Ohms, protection system with no sound quality degrading active circuitry added into the signal path, THD <0.005% @ 1kHz, upgraded power supply, SNR 96dB ‘A’ weighted, Class ‘A’ follower driver stage, polypropylene bypass capacitors, second set of speaker outputs, optional MM phono, headphone output, standby function, bypassable tone controls, low-resonance and acoustically damped chassis, all-metal casework with a solid aluminium front panel, slim-line Azur remote control with aluminium top panel

USER REVIEWS

[Jun 04, 2020]
MikeA

Strength:

Mine is black. I really have no problems with the AZUR 640A except the base sound it produced. I'm finding it hard to describe but sometimes the base sound is loose. Anyway, I am currently working in a landscaping company in McKinney, TX. Please reach out if you need our services.

Having problems with the base sound it produced.

[Jun 02, 2020]
ASullevan

Strength:

I had never encountered any problems with my AZUR 640A. I bought it brand new last 8 years ago and until now I'm using it. I plug into it my Karaoke system and it really gives out that quality sound that I like.

No issues found so far. Anyway, please feel free to visit this tree trimming near me, they provide the highest quality tree trimming services at the most affordable rates in Wichita Falls, TX

[May 27, 2020]
Patrick01

Strength:

I own a used AZUR 640 A before. It actually works perfectly fine for the span of 3 months. The sound is clear since it is integrated with high quality speakers.

After 3 months, I encountered problems with it like the headphone output losses contact with any headphone plugs inserted to it from time to time. Aside from that the music fluctuates, what I mean is it suddenly increase volume without touching the volume controller. Nevertheless, I'm still thankful that I have it repaired. And as such, it cost me a lot more than the price of a new one. Anyway, please visit the best deck company in Texas just in case you're looking for a reliable company to handle your decking projects in Allen, Texas.

[Apr 26, 2020]
claudynamique

Strength:

Pas beaucoup de qualités. J'ai acheté cet appareil en 2004 en mettant de côté mon ancien amplificateur Yamaha A400 et ce n'était finalement pas une bonne idée.

J'ai voulu utiliser mon Cambridge 640 v1 pour une animation extérieure, avec une paire d'enceintes JM LAB 710 et cela a duré exactement trois chansons avant que le rupteur thermique ne se mette en sécurité avec le volume à 13h. De plus le son reste nettement en dessous de la qualité de celui de mon vieux Yamaha 400 pourtant moins puissant, bref si c'était à refaire je n'aurais pas fait cet investissement.

2003
[Mar 26, 2020]
Karkkelley5277

Strength:

The sound produce is very clear as well as the treble. lawn care springboro oh

The bass is not the great.

[Mar 25, 2020]
jeff89

Strength:

Constructoon is bad. The on/off button sometimes doesn’t work, in fact very often. The lack of power. The lack of presence. The bad quality of construction.

[Mar 02, 2020]
Radim

Strength:

I bought this amp to compare it to my Marantz PM5004. Hooked up to my DALI 104 I found in just few seconds of listening that the Azur 640A is way better. The sound has an incredible clarity, power, and excellent instrument separation. Every instrument and vocals sound very natural and realistic. I know personally many of the musicians I listen to and the representation of the voice is the best I have ever heard. For me this is the best amp I have ever listened to. Some people mention that it doesn't have enough power. I am using just the lowest volume levels and the sound is already very strong. I tried pushing it higher and it can play really very loud. It really depends what speakers you use and maybe also of the cabling quality. So for me it is the best of the best!

It produces a very subtle humming sound when powered on, which can be heard just in a completely silent roo, close to the amp and no music playing. I mention this because the Marantz PM5004 is completely silent. The speaker clamps are from a cheap plastic - that is a point which could be improved.

GBP 120
2003
[Nov 17, 2018]
juanmacarra

Strength:

It works fine , that’s all. I have to set the volume control high enough to the middle to hear it properly. I use it with a pair of 685B&W. For me the set is ok, my audition room is big and it works fine.

2008
[Aug 16, 2018]
audioman

Strength:

Simple to use, simple to hook everything up, no fancy stuff..

I didn't like the sound. i don't consider this an audiophile grade. A 7 times more expensive mcinstosh is probably 10 times better. I had also noticed very poor quality parts.. caps leak and blow up in no time. you will need to upgrade the parts but there are so many caps that it won't worth it. Also parts are exclusive so you can not buy them. Any cambridge products must be sent to an authorized service center.. So unless you have access to compatible parts you can't repair cambridge at home. Low resale value. this unit used to cost 600-700, as of 2018 you can find it around 100 on ebay... Mine lose its signal on the left channel from time to time.. regardless of the wires and speakers im using. I have a consumer grade Yamaha receiver and a Sony that both have a better sounding than this thing. Stay away from cambridge unless you like buying hidden low grade china parts.

2013
[Dec 05, 2017]
Dougie
Casual Listener

Purchased new with CD player listened to the amplifier for over a week then packed it back up in the original carton's..where they remain...!
I suspect people who play with audio gear have a reasonable sense of power rating's.
The amplifier rating is deceitful and has created the problem with the unit and user's, who know there not..! getting the rated power when dialing the volume at 12 o'clock....!
Once you understand.... the amplifier is really only 32.5 watts per channel..! you become more satisfied with the performance and tend not push the Cambridge at the threshold of a protection trip...!